any news about new multi-player features?

Nefliqus

Prince
Any news about new multi-player features? Do you think that for pitboss we will need additional steam account for pitboss server?
Do you think that mods will be finally available in multi-player as it is in civ4?
I hope that lock of info about multi-player doesn't mean that Firaxis has ignored this aspect of the game again.

Didn't they have a multiplayer patch in the pipeline with a bunch of features that applied to all versions of the game?

They have put a massive patch in for MP, with new MP game modes and everything. NO MP MODS THOUGH. :nono:

I certainly hope MP gets updated, its unfortunately very lacking when compared to single player. Less map choices, no AI interaction, less/no information received from pop-ups etc... the list goes on. Quite sad :(

I certainly hope MP gets updated, its unfortunately very lacking when compared to single player. Less map choices, no AI interaction, less/no information received from pop-ups etc... the list goes on. Quite sad :(

AI interaction will need to be sent into the information tab and not be a direct pop up to the player in multiplayer.

AI interaction will need to be sent into the information tab and not be a direct pop up to the player in multiplayer.

Yeah I understand the AI thing for MP, but it should at least be an option... it really makes it feel like the AI isn't even there. But the other pop ups like ruins... currently your left guessing what the ruins did most of the time. Not everyone plays MP on quick pace with turn timers, it would be nice if these things were at least optional. But really my biggest qualm is the lack of maps. I can't imagine why half the maps are SP only other than pure laziness or oversight

what about just fixing the dozens of connection problems that bug the game and make it unplayable in mp for some people?

As far as I know they have Spectator mode and I think they Pitboss was coming with BNW, though not sure. The questions I have are: Who want to spectate a game? and what exactly is pitboss compared to regular MP?

The only thing i know that allows you to play MP with mods is Giant Multiplayer Robot.

Just loked up some more info on it. So it's for asynchronous play?
From what I understand of Pitboss for CivIV, it's more that it's flexible. You can play async, but if everybody's logged in and playing, you can go through turns as quickly as you like.

Top Bottom