Anyone got it yet?

Hey guys I just called my local gamestop were I have my preorder and they told me that I can come get it on Wednesday the 26th. When I asked why not tomorrow (Tuesday 25th) they told me because that's the day it ships. So another day I have to wait. :mad:

Slbot911 said:
Hey guys I just called my local gamestop were I have my preorder and they told me that I can come get it on Wednesday the 26th. When I asked why not tomorrow (Tuesday 25th) they told me because that's the day it ships. So another day I have to wait. :mad:

Hmmmmm.....well gamestop.com told me they were shipping by end of business today so that means overnight shipments arrive tomorrow...maybe the guy didn't know what he was talking about. One can always hope....I'd call them tomorrow anyway. (Like you wouldn't have thought of that!)

rastak said:
Hmmmmm.....well gamestop.com told me they were shipping by end of business today so that means overnight shipments arrive tomorrow...maybe the guy didn't know what he was talking about. One can always hope....I'd call them tomorrow anyway. (Like you wouldn't have thought of that!)

Yes that's what I'm hoping for, maybe he just told me that to be safe…and you better believe I'm going to call them tomorrow, I'm foaming out the mouth for this game. :crazyeye:

My EB called ME to tell me that the shipping date was up and that it should be in tomorrow. He then pleaded with me to bring in some old games to get credit towards the game... desperate?

I checked the EB Games & Gamestop stores in my area and 2 told me it would be in Wednesday and 1 said it would be in tomorrow by 11 am. Of course, I preordered at one of the stores which told me Wednesday but I'm hoping the last store is right and I get it tomorrow.

The Gamestop e-store shows it's currently available, not for pre-order. It's been my experience that once a product becomes available there, it will likely be in the b&m stores the following business day.

Efexeye said:
I live on the West coast of the U.S., and I preordered the game from EB Games. They have it listed as coming into the store tomorrow, however, there is a VERY slim chance that they might get it today, and the guy told me they ARE allowed to sell it today, even though the street date is tomorrow.
Got the same info from two different EBs here in Portland. One guy said they sometimes get games early, but never on the same day they ship. He also said most EBs should have the game in hand on Tuesday afternoon.

Glad I preordered at a game store! It will probably sit in the back room at Target, Fred Meyer's, etc until the stockers are done unpacking the new release of The Clapper.

So we still have a little time left to stock up on Mountain Dew and coffee.

When I pre-ordered, Gamestop said, "The release day is the 25th. (Our system) will call you to remind you of your pre-order."

Then today, a different kid says, "Uhh, it's coming out Wednesday."

Me: ----> :ar15: :) <---- the kid on the phone

Mujadaddy said:
Me: ----> :ar15: :) <---- the kid on the phone

:lol: I feel the same way. They told me the 25th and now it's the 26th, I just don't get it. All the new stuff always comes out on Tuesday, why is this coming out on Wednesday??

I think there was some delay between the game going from take2 to retailers. Because like you said games are usually released on Tuesdays and this is the latest I've seen a Monday night before release day with no confirmed shipments. And it seems all retailers are struggling to get it shipped out today, so there must have been some delay on take2's end of it.

the delivery date on my amazon pre-order next day delivery still says I'll have the game on the 25th. Still says it hasen't shipped yet though (as of 2pm pacific). Hmm... well we'll see.

Any one who's pre-order from amazon had them acutally ship the darn thing yet?

shadahi said:
Any one who's pre-order from amazon had them acutally ship the darn thing yet?

I'm in the same position as you. sitting around, pathetically hitting refresh on my amazon page.

naw i ordered amazon too ..one day delivery still hastn shipped and said it will ship today and will be here tomarrow still hast shipped yet... and then when u click on Civilization Iv babalababa it says "Usually ships 2-3 days" this is annoyin i want this already...

Just called three local walmarts and two of them have it listed as arrived on there stock sheets and one guy went into the back and verified it. He said it arrived this morning at 10:45. I asked him if he could hold a copy for my and he said he would mark it down and hold it behind the counter and gave me his name :) I just wonder if it will scan or not, I should have asked him to check the price, Oh need to make a call.

Argghhhh! :cry:

This game is sitting on my desk at home. I've got a friend works at the EB warehouse and managed to snag it for me. But now I've had the fortune of getting stuck working until very late and won't get home until 2am. Noooooooooo! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

OH GOD HELP ME! I'm going to have a panic attack! :eek:

reddragon72 said:
Just called three local walmarts and two of them have it listed as arrived on there stock sheets and one guy went into the back and verified it. He said it arrived this morning at 10:45. I asked him if he could hold a copy for my and he said he would mark it down and hold it behind the counter and gave me his name :) I just wonder if it will scan or not, I should have asked him to check the price, Oh need to make a call.
Wow, guess I shouldn't be dissin' on the big chain stores. I hope you're heading over there right this minute!

just called EB games - they said they will send me an email notifying me that it shipped and that they will know more after 7pm EST. Just so you understand it hasn't shipped yet...some people might have it, but it hasn't SHIPPED yet. The guy said it might even not ship till tomorrow. I just love a consistent story lol. it is, it isnt, it is, well maybe. fun

He tried to scan it and no go, but he called a CSM and the CSM is getting someone from receiving to enter it into the system. They both noticed that the date on the receiving shippment is for tomorrow, but they didn't have a clue as to why nor did it sound like they cared. So here is to hoping.

This email says I'm getting it tommorrow.. yeah...
Dear EBgames Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to placing an in-store pickup order through EBgames.com, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that the publisher has set a new ship date for Civilization IV COLL ED PC of 10/24/05.

Top Bottom