Anyone wanna play

Alwsomex0

Chieftain
As simple as it states, anyone here wanna play a game? I'm bored playing alone and wouldn't mind someone to play with. Nothing big just a casual game however you like. Have about an hour free so might as well? If so just hit me up, reply to this or DM me. Okay?

Considering the big difference in time with you (I live in Moscow, Russia), I think that they are optimally oriented in time for the weekend. Is it convenient for you? We can find out about the time of the game by email, my email is: ekklesiast2005@yandex.ru

If you have a Windows 7 operating system, then we will not be able to play with you, since Hamachi does not work on it.

Oh? We could just use the original TCP/IP method? I could probably make one up for me so no one would have to give out their actual IP? I think weekend is fine and if we need to we can probably do a pbem or somethung ghough not ideal, how does Friday sounds?

The original TCP / IP method does not work for civ2. I do not know what it is connected with, perhaps due to the fact that this is a very old game. Until the end of last year, I used Tunngle and Evolve to play the game, but they were successively closed and are not working now.
Hamachi remains, but it works only on some versions of windows.

Regarding PBEM: I do not think that we need this for a normal game according to the original rules of civ2. Perhaps this only makes sense at the very late stages of the game, when each player has many cities and units. But, as practice shows, this game comes very rarely. How do you want to play, with what settings, what rules do you prefer?

The original TCP / IP method does not work for civ2. I do not know what it is connected with, perhaps due to the fact that this is a very old game. Until the end of last year, I used Tunngle and Evolve to play the game, but they were successively closed and are not working now.
Hamachi remains, but it works only on some versions of windows.

Regarding PBEM: I do not think that we need this for a normal game according to the original rules of civ2. Perhaps this only makes sense at the very late stages of the game, when each player has many cities and units. But, as practice shows, this game comes very rarely. How do you want to play, with what settings, what rules do you prefer?
I will grant that IP doesn't work though at least it worked a bit for me though admittedly my was limited from within my house not half the globe over so I will just assume it wont work. I do have a windows 10 laptop but I haven't had any luck running Civ2 even with the 64-bit patcher. I'd have to check some online solutions, and for play by email, I meant that more as a last resort if we couldn't find anything else (Uhm just to get something else out of the way in your respone just have somewhere in your post what time is it fr you so I can arrange accordingly) Uhm for rules I do not care to too much but I will not that my copy of the game has the .ini trick preformed so I can do simultaneous play or normal, which do you prefer? (if we are going to do PBEM turn base will be it for obvious reasons. ) uhm. Im heading in tonight by that I mean sleep, see you tomorrow!

Last edited:
I play civ2 online fairly regularly. We have a fairly large community of fans of this game in different countries. Through trial and error, we went over various ways to play online. In particular, we have repeatedly tested the TCP / IP method, it is definitely non-working. Therefore, we have to use additional support programs that I listed above. Now the only workable program is Hamachi (theoretically, there is one more, but so far I have not tested it). If you have Windows 10, then Hamachi will work, and we can play without problems. For Windows 10 there is a specially adapted version of the game for it https://gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/sid-meiers-civilization-ii

As for the rules, it makes no difference to me, I am ready to play by any rules. I prefer consecutive moves (NOT simultaneous). I can play with you on Friday, for example from 23-00 CET. In Ohio, it will be 17-00 (if not mistaken). The average time of a full batch of 2-6 hours (depending on the settings). If we do not have time to finish in one day, we can do the saving, and continue on another day.

Oh, lucky you that is the version I have and it's okay on Windows 7 in fact I'm using it right now on the TCP/Ip with my other computer (My sisters right next to me not like it means anything) and yeah those rules are fine. I guess see you then

I do not have time to return to the PC to the stipulated time, sorry for the delay. I will be free to play in 1.5-2 hours (from now on). Please install Hamachi on your laptop with Windows 10. In Hamachi, go to room civ/2 (password 1234) / Through this program we will be able to play today. It is also desirable (but not necessary) to have identical versions of civ2 to avoid desynchronization. This version works well repeatedly tested in an online game: https://gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/sid-meiers-civilization-ii

I do not have time to return to the PC to the stipulated time, sorry for the delay. I will be free to play in 1.5-2 hours (from now on). Please install Hamachi on your laptop with Windows 10. In Hamachi, go to room civ/2 (password 1234) / Through this program we will be able to play today. It is also desirable (but not necessary) to have identical versions of civ2 to avoid desynchronization. This version works well repeatedly tested in an online game: https://gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/sid-meiers-civilization-ii
I am sorry for getting online so late but I will not be able to play tonight as I was dragged to a event as accidentally both it and this match (no offense as you are fine I just wasn't thinking) slipt my mind but I promise as I know I do not have anything tomorrow I can guarantee that I will be free Saturday so if you wish we could play tomorrow at a time of your choosing (if you can, if not we can always postpone it, I promise I will remember this time.) or if you wish to not play that's okay too. I'm sorry for the inconvenience...

Last edited:
Ok, let's postpone the game. I have other plans for this weekend. Moscow is not a very good summer this year, perhaps it will be the last warm weekend. I'm thinking, I can find time to play in the second half of next week. Write me an e-mail, I think we will be able to arrange a convenient time for you and for me.

Top Bottom