Anyone want to play 24hour Pitboss game?

Hi all, I resign from this game due to the cheat or the phase displacement of the time.

The real thing is that....

we were in 925 BC and I built a settler in one city, went with it to a marvelous place, moved the other units and.......made and finished my move.

Now we are in 900 BC and, once again, the same city has built the same settler, the other units are in the same place of 925 BC but.......but......someone, somewhere have built Stonehenge.........

Quite same things were happened during my previous moves, but I did not have any real evidence. But now, yes....I have it...and for me it is impossible to continue this SHELL GAME!

C U all

Giulio_Cesare said:
This is what has happened to me. :(

I do not know if other players.......:eek:
It happened to me in another game, and I believe it doesn't mean that someone is cheating.
When you connect to a pitboss server, and no other player is connected, your computer becomes the host of the game. If you don't exit the game properly, your moves are lost, because you don't send the new state of the game back to the pitboss server.
Yesterday I was playing in windowed mode, and instead of exiting using the game menu, I simply closed the window. Today when I logged on to play the next turn, I experienced what you described above.
I think this can happen if civ crashes ou maybe when you exit directly to the desktop, but I'm not sure, this is just a theory. :)

I do not said that “surely” someone is cheating. I only told what happened to me: something strange that “paralyses” my gaming! :rolleyes:

And remember that
1) :D I NEVER exited the game in a wrong way, always using the game menu. I am sure of this;
2) :scan: at the end of my move and once exited the game I ALWAYS check on civstats if my move was recorded. In every game I am playing. And so I made that time, after 925 BC turn;
3) :confused: but, above all, I had made a move queue for one unit, and this one too wasn’t made when I re-logged on in 900 BC turn. The “automated” unit was still in the same place as in 925 BC turn!

In other word, I was one turn back and the other ones were one turn forward. :cry:

So, once again……. it is impossible for me to continue this SHELL GAME!

About you….. good night and good luck! :goodjob:

Top Bottom