Anyone want to play 24hour Pitboss game?

I'm all for random leaders as forces human players to make the most out of the traits and not rely on a standard tactic.

Is there any kind of trick to playing via Gamespy? I've only played Direct-IP pitboss games previously, and I signed up on the Gamespy forum today but don't see where the multiplayer stuff is there.

fosse, pretty much explained why no barbarians option would be good, therefore i think we suppose to play without them.

Also map size should be large

Random leader choice is good for me, but i think we should not limit people for playing with leaders whom they dont like (and maybe dont have fun to play with).

If i would vote, im voting for Random. But its okay if someone want to choose his leader.

All registered players should vote to accept the following:

Players: 18
Map: Continents
Size: Large
Climate:Temperate
Sea Level: Low
Era: Ancient
Speed: Normal
Simultaneous Turns: Yes
Take over AI: Yes
Turn timer: 24 hours
Game Turn Limit: 0

Game Options:
Technology trading: No
Barbarian: None
Country Allocation: Random

I would submit that we have a 20 turn timer. Because of the turn time drift which causes turns to last longer than the timer setting would indicate if not everyone plays a turn (which will likely be the case with so many players) turns will typicall happen an hour later each day. Which means if you like to play, say, right before work, one day you'll log in to find 30 minutes left before the turn changes. :mad:

However, I do not object to the 24 hour timer (and it can be changed easily once the game is started anyhow), and will not vote agains these rules.

As for the reson behind no Tech trading... A lot of people feel like the progression of technology is too fast with tech trading enabled, and that there is a more interesting game behind choosing what to research with it off. Unit enabling techs become more crucial, because if you find yourself in a war with outdated units you can't buy the tech from someone (you could buy the units, though.... ;) )

I've never played a game without it, but I'm willing.

I am fine with settings and rundom choise is good, so we do not have 5 Catherines and figths who can play whom.
On rundom each will get different civ. :) fun
On other hand I hate financial :)

Wow, the test game has an amazing start position. Can I have that one in the real game, too? ;)

Fosse: However, I do not object to the 24 hour timer (and it can be changed easily once the game is started anyhow), and will not vote agains these rules.

How is this changed once started?

There is a utility called saveconvert. It's an .exe file made by someone here at CFC. It allows you to do things like change a PBEM into a Pitboss, or change an SP game into MP. You can change the type of turns (simultaneous or normal) and you can, alter the length of the turn timer clock.

It's built so that you can't cheat (it won't turn an MP game into a SP one, or let you change a game without the Admin password), and it's very easy to use.

Hi there - if there's one space left I'd like to squeeze in. I've sent lplayer an e-mail, but clicking the link to register in the forum just gives me an 'Internal Server Error' for some reason.

The settings look good to me, and random country allocation sounds fun.

Actually, I've just tried again, and the link worked fine, so I've signed up there as well.

Top Bottom