AP Voting Question

Naismith

Prince
The three screenshots explain it all:
1) Caesar is a full member of the AP, Jammurabi (me) built it, and is the leader.
2) Caesar is not on the ballot for the AP diplo victory, just Jammurabi and Abstain.
3) Caesar votes for me!

Shouldn't Caesar be on the ballot, since he is a full member? Also, I'm a bit surprised he voted for me. On earlier ballots, he didn't vote for me at +7, but on this one our relations had reached +8. Apparently, that was the threshold. Oh, I was playing with Unrestricted Leaders and Random Personalities.

Attachments

• ApMembers0000.JPG
    ApMembers0000.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 96
  • ApVoteOptions0000.JPG
    ApVoteOptions0000.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 76
  • ApVoteResults0000.JPG
    ApVoteResults0000.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 120
Odd...I typically don't get the chance to elect myself God-King of all Mankind. I'm giving that a try as (who else?) Isabella in my next game. :)

However, I think the threshold is a certain population or who built the AP. If you satisfy both conditions, there might be only one candidate (yourself).

Im not sure whether its a bug or if it is intended but the AP doesnt work like the UN. If the person who builds the AP also has the largest number of votes, then he is the only candidate. If caesar had more votes than you, or if he built it himself - then he would be a candidate.

(oh and Jammurabi, whats up with that? lol)

The logic for determining candidates seems odd to me. I am glad that it isn't impossible to get another Civ to vote for you. I wonder if the positive diplo modifier you need to achieve with each Civ for getting them to vote for you for the AP diplo victory is the same as the UN diplo victory... maybe I'll have to fish around a bit in the XML and see if I can figure it out.

As for Jammurabi: I used to spend at least a few minutes whenever I started a new game attempting to come up with a really clever leader name. Lately I've gotten lazy and just replaced the first letter of the regular leader name with the first letter of my first name, "J". Some of my favorite leader names from the past are Jerrilicious, Juicy Moosie, and Jeezus. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom