Apparently, 483 Tourism * 1.5 = 414 Tourism

Aaron90495

King
So I'm playing a cultural game as Persia (Immortal, Standard, Standard, Small Continents) and have run into something really weird. I have 483 base Tourism and +50% Tourism against Carthage (25% from a Trade Route and 25% from Open Borders), but for whatever reason the game says my adjusted Tourism is 414 against Carthage. I might add that I'm also not getting the bonuses against Carthage for same Ideology (Freedom) or having a Diplomat. I forced Carthage to flip from Autocracy to Freedom recently, but I still should have the bonus.

Anyone have an idea what's going on? I attached a save, and thanks for any help! :D

Attachments

• Darius I_0397 AD-1977.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
How far into the game are you? If you've got Internet and Dido's got the Firewall then that could explain the lowered tourism (GF nullifies the bonus from the Internet).

How far into the game are you? If you've got Internet and Dido's got the Firewall then that could explain the lowered tourism (GF nullifies the bonus from the Internet).

Ah, yes, she does. However, it still looks like I'm not getting +25% from a Diplomat and +33% from same Ideology. So, even with my base 483 cut in half (241.5), I still should have +108% (+25%, +25%, +25%, and +33%) of 241.5, which is more than 414.

Ya the diplomat bonus only works when it's different idelogy, basically to offset the -34% or following different ideology.

Its easy enough to see the bonuses you are getting to avoid this confusion. Simply mouse over the "+50%" or whatever number it is and it will show you exactly what bonuses you are and are not getting.

Something broke. Tried fudging around with tourism levels. Declared war and brought bonuses to zero, only had 273 tourism.

Do you have an earlier save? Is it working then? Interested in when it broke. Maybe when she converted ideologies it messed something up.

On another note, I wouldn't be too concerned: The only way you are going to win a CV at this point is completely wiping Egypt out of the picture, along with most of the others. I suppose that is why you got the spaceship tenet though, and already moved on to plan B.

These appear to be the exact calculations:

C1 has 20 tourism base
C2 has 127 tourism base
C3 has 60 tourism base

Rounded down after city modifier of 34% (only Broadcast Tower since Dido blocks Internet with her GF):

C1 has 26 tourism adjusted (was 26,8)
C2 has 170 tourism adjusted (was 170,18)
C3 has 80 tourism adjusted (was 80,4)

Important to notice that you have to round down before summing the tourism.

Persia has 276 tourism (26+170+80), now let's get the two bonus modifiers (+25% and +25%).

276 * 1,5 = 414 tourism, which is what you're seeing.

Something broke. Tried fudging around with tourism levels. Declared war and brought bonuses to zero, only had 273 tourism.

Do you have an earlier save? Is it working then? Interested in when it broke. Maybe when she converted ideologies it messed something up.

On another note, I wouldn't be too concerned: The only way you are going to win a CV at this point is completely wiping Egypt out of the picture, along with most of the others. I suppose that is why you got the spaceship tenet though, and already moved on to plan B.

It was broken before she flipped Ideologies. With regards to not being able to win a CV, that's why I have 5 carriers and a nuclear sub - stocked with a total of 9 atomic bombs and 2 nuclear missiles - sitting right next to Thebes. ;) Although I agree that it'll be difficult, I need to completely wipe them off the map and then faith-buy a decent number of Musicians. As of this writing, I've taken Thebes (knocked it down from 45 pop to 1 :D) and Isabella has taken Memphis, so I might have a shot. Plus, I Carthage is poised to jump into the war in about 5 turns.

These appear to be the exact calculations:

C1 has 20 tourism base
C2 has 127 tourism base
C3 has 60 tourism base

Rounded down after city modifier of 34% (only Broadcast Tower since Dido blocks Internet with her GF):

C1 has 26 tourism adjusted (was 26,8)
C2 has 170 tourism adjusted (was 170,18)
C3 has 80 tourism adjusted (was 80,4)

Important to notice that you have to round down before summing the tourism.

Persia has 276 tourism (26+170+80), now let's get the two bonus modifiers (+25% and +25%).

276 * 1,5 = 414 tourism, which is what you're seeing.

Interesting. Well, I'm sorta upset that it's not a bug (I was sorta hoping it'd "fix itself"...), but thanks a bunch for breaking that down. Appreciate it! :D

Top Bottom