ARCHIVED: Spurious Contraptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this. In RL - image telegraph (1842) + electric toaster (1893). Got me to thinking how much Phileas Fogg would appreciate being able to read telegrams, or even examine phototelephotic stills, whilst simultaneously enjoying his perfectly toasted morning bread.

Came across this. In RL - image telegraph (1842) + electric toaster (1893). Got me to thinking how much Phileas Fogg would appreciate being able to read telegrams, or even examine phototelephotic stills, whilst simultaneously enjoying his perfectly toasted morning bread.

That's great, the news in handy bite size chunks.

After watching "Hellboy III: the golden army" for the 3rd time, it struck me that the mechanical soldiers would be perfect for a steampunk scenario: the whole look, the combination of clockwork with magic... let's use them! :goodjob:

After watching "Hellboy III: the golden army" for the 3rd time, it struck me that the mechanical soldiers would be perfect for a steampunk scenario: the whole look, the combination of clockwork with magic... let's use them! :goodjob:
Read the unit lines & unit requests threads. ;)

Has anyone seen Paleo Future.com? It's a fantastic website showing examples of what people in the late 19th and 20th century believed the future would be like. The 1880s, 1890s and 1900s section has a nice steampunk flavour that I think the team on this mod would find useful.

Apparently mind control technology existed long before the CIA started controlling our thoughts via orbital lasers. Viz. the air loom (1812). Maybe some GL names for the Black Coats in there?

Edit: Rod Dickinson has made a reconstruction of the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom