ARCHIVED: WIPs - Interfaces & Static PCXs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The style is more like "stoner Gimp on Saturday night". You'd never see the detail at Civ scale anyway. The idea was to indicate the central pillar (which should have been much slimmer) and the balconies. Your stuff will smoke me (no pun). I'd ignore the flora & fauna too, if I were you. Go with the Frazetta style and you can't go wrong.
First WIP:
Spoiler :

Reporting for duty! SCV good to go, sir!!
Please send me an email/PM with as much detail as you could possibly cram into it and still be understandable by human beings.

Suits me fine. Last exam -assuming I pass- is next Friday. Monday is a holiday. Three Blender-nights in a row!!!!!!

Here's a quick sketch of building types in scale. C & M have balconies. Takhisis & I are working from larger versions of the individual sketches. Apart from the homes the models will get scaled and resized as needed for variety & to fill the cities.

Spoiler :

AFAIK Takhisis & I will be posting which building we're currently working on here so we don't duplicate effort. So I'm starting the homes - simplest, but also the most common building & a good standard to judge the others by.

Actually I kinda wanted to do a separate thread to keep it, well, separate from all other comments, like we did on the ratha thing. Might start one tomorrow.

Blue, here we go. I don't have to retake my latest exam 'cos I scraped a pass.
For some reason, the .tif files you sent me are unreadable… wait, not now. Windows has decided it does recognise them after all.
So, now I'll be doing the simple house, to flex my wings:

btw thanks for letting me work on this -Barsoom is a very happy childhood memory!

Mmmmk, not off to a good start. The program's insisting on loading a copy of my latest file as its default settings and deleting everything (Ctrl+X) sends me back to square 1, that is, I still end up with a ratha and horses :confused: -even after loading a new file and tinkering with/rendering it.
So, I'll take advantage of the situation and upgrade to the latest stable version…
Wait, I figured it out! Apparently you can save a scene as default settings and that's what happened. Now I've restored the factory setting as the default, but I'm upgrading to 2.49 b anyway to stay up-to-date. :)

Glad to hear school went well.

If you're working on the houses I'll try my hand at the mushroom tower - I expect the 1st era city will be simple houses & one tower. The more advanced houses are based on the same shape so hopefully we can re-use the model. I've also been experimenting with some textures based on the palette of the terrain Balthasar is using. So once we've got some models going we can test them out with renders in something besides grey.

Just realized that the concept for the entryway on the home might not be clear enough from the B&W image. It should definitely not look like an igloo. Rather it's sloping & curving into the main body of the home. Like in this picture, which also show what I have in mind for the balconies.

Heh, I spent most of today on the road. Local trades unions decided to do an act of intimidation and flood our part of town with tens of thousands of hired thugs loyal grateful supporters. So, modelling wasn't the foremost thought in my mind. Also gearing up for Sunday after next's match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom