Are You Cannabis Deficient? (Fox News)

Straight from the Fair and Balanced Horse's Mouth:

Opinions? Now that its coming from a nonbiased source, are you more likely to view the medicinal applications of cannabis favourably?

Relying on Fox News for science is like relying on a mechanic for agriculture. Just reading this article, I can tell it was pulled out of someone's rectum because the "news" they report goes back to 1990-2004. Many news media have a tendency to report old medical news as if it was new, and Fox seems no exception. It also contains all sorts of fallacious "assumptions" that are suspiciously made deliberately in order to deceive a target audience.

Let me set the record straight by saying that having a receptor for a drug does not necessarily mean that the receptor exists for that drug. The mechanism of action of 99% of drugs is a binding to a receptor which induces physiologic and/or biochemical alterations. That doesn't mean that everyone has a tylenol deficiency, or a tobacco deficiency. All it means is that the drugs have chemical properties which allow them to interact with receptors in a manner not naturally intended by the biochemical process in question. There are, for example, nicotine receptors in both the central and peripheral nervous system to which nicotine can bind to activate their functions, but which are intended to interact with acetylcholine. The scientific name for these receptors is, in fact, "Nicotinic" receptors. But this is just a convenient notation, because they were originally discovered to activate by exposure to nicotine.

Let me set the record straight by saying that having a receptor for a drug does not necessarily mean that the receptor exists for that drug. The mechanism of action of 99% of drugs is a binding to a receptor which induces physiologic and/or biochemical alterations. That doesn't mean that everyone has a tylenol deficiency, or a tobacco deficiency. All it means is that the drugs have chemical properties which allow them to interact with receptors in a manner not naturally intended by the biochemical process in question. There are, for example, nicotine receptors in both the central and peripheral nervous system to which nicotine can bind to activate their functions, but which are intended to interact with acetylcholine. The scientific name for these receptors is, in fact, "Nicotinic" receptors. But this is just a convenient notation, because they were originally discovered to activate by exposure to nicotine.

Bullcrap, Jehova designed our brains with marijuana in mind.

Relying on Fox News for science is like relying on a mechanic for agriculture. Just reading this article, I can tell it was pulled out of someone's rectum because the "news" they report goes back to 1990-2004. Many news media have a tendency to report old medical news as if it was new, and Fox seems no exception. It also contains all sorts of fallacious "assumptions" that are suspiciously made deliberately in order to deceive a target audience.

So I can't get a prescription for marijuana to combat my debilitating marijuana deficiency disorder? :cry:

Top Bottom