Art and Music

Well, it's mainly 'cause I'm lazy (and upload takes time) and the fact that I can't find a nice pattern for the shield of one of these guys, so he's kind a holding it up as I feel I need to finish that guy first, and then I gotta finish some more, but guess I could send them on a later time... Just gotta finish off this axeman dude

Well, if it is a shield pattern you are worried about I have a bunch on my computer so I can do that. I just want to get these sets done so I am up to date on everything. So I would really really appreciate it if you could get those units to me as soon as you can. I am nearly finished with the American set and the English set should be pretty easy to finish, so once that's done I'd like to get the Dutch all done so I can get this playtest out.

So it would really help me out of you got them to me, if you need to finish an axeman and all that its fine, I understand. But again, getting these in within the next couple days would be really great.

I've finished it... searched the net and found one I like... Now, queastion is, would you like what I got now, or do you want me to finish th whole pack first?

Depends, what do you have for Netherlands? If you've got Swordsman, Axeman, Spearman, Archer, Chariot and Horseman (at least one for each) I'll take them.

I am having a bit of difficulty getting the American ancient set together, but once that is done I should blow through England's ancient era, then hopefully vB's dutch will be finished and I can get the last few LHs updated and get this thing on SVN for you guys. :goodjob:

I've got Axe, Spear (although one more will be made), Cavalry (Roman auxiliary, one more will be made) and a heavy swordsman... Chariot will probably be easy to create though, and I'll have a quick look at the rest too if you'd like me to. I also got a belgian skirmisher, axeman and spearman

Will do tomorrow... late night student life is killing me, I need to sleep first

Alright guys, putting in the new American sets now. What I did was give the ancient units a "Native American" look (with a red, white and blue schematic), I gave the medieval units an "Early English Colonial" look. Normally I am against doing this, but America is a unique civ in this mod in that our history doesn't really provide for much of an "ancient-era." Hopefully this looks good, I'll have a preview once I am finished...

(I'm excited for this because I never liked playing as America due to their graphics)

Here's what I got for now, I'd really like to finish some more, but I've got some university things to do ATM, so not much time... You'll get a better horseman later

Edit:
Oh... forgot the animation directions:
Spearman uses vanilla Spearman anim (BTS phalanx)
Axeman vanilla Swordsman anim
Swordsman the HeavySwordsman from Charlemagne
Horseman the Charlemagne MountedInfantry

Attachments

• DutchUnits.7z
    246 KB · Views: 206
Awesome! You can take them down if you don't want them out there yet.

I like that you incorporated some of the units I was going to in my original set. I am very pleased with what you've done and the community at large should be as well. Great job.

So tonight I'll get them in, along with the new English set (ancient era) and by then I can probably get the American units uploaded (would be my first upload in a long time) and round out the rest of the mod. Very exciting time!

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot about Merkurios. What should I do about the arms? That is where I am stuck. I am also debating what to do about his beard (or no beard?), hair and skin tone. Also his nose. So yeah, not that close to being done.

I hate replacing leaderheads made by Ekmek, but I think Abu Bakr is a little out-of-date for this mod. So any ideas as far as which leaderhead to use in his stead? Or should I make one myself?

Isn't he quite good already? I mean, if you'd really wan't to do something, maybe improve the texture a bit, but I hardly think anything more is needed

I need a little inspiration for England's ancient era. Should they be Celtic, Britanic-Roman, Saxon or Norman?

The best sets I have are for the Celts and Normans. The Saxons would be third best after that, and the Britanic-Romans I have nothing for.

I'd say celtic, as that is kind of what their ancient flag looks like (if we went anglo-saxon, which would be my second choice in this, we'd probably have to replace the flag too...)

Given you have a Celtic civ that already covers the Britons, and it's an English civ as opposed to a British civ, I reckon a Saxon ancient era makes the most sense. If you don't have them already, there are several accurate, quality Saxon units in Realism Invictus (Duguth, Geoguth, Gebur, etc).

Either way this is going to require some unit-making on my part. I'd like to hear from a few more people before making a decision since so much time will go into it, well not that much time... but you know, some time.

Top Bottom