Art Requests for New Civs

Vicevirtuoso

The Modetta Man
I'm currently in the process of a massive rewrite for my Madoka Magica Civilization Pack, and am looking to update the artwork. Though I can make a lot of my own artwork (leader icons), there are a few parts of it in which I'd like to request the help of those more talented than me. Since I don't have much in the way of reference material, I will leave a lot of the small details to whomever would like to fulfill my request, and I will only give a general outline of what I need. The things I'm looking for are:

• 8 Building Icons
  • 2 Leader Diplomacy Screens

The Building Icons
While I plan on drawing several unit icons myself, I don't have anywhere near as much confidence in my ability to produce a decent looking building icon. I'm looking to replace the current anime screenshots with icons which look closer to actual Civ 5 buildings.

For three of the buildings, I have references:

For the other five, they are essentially things I invented for the characters' representation in the games and have no direct reference, so I'll give a rough idea of how I'd like them to look:
  • Dimensional Armory: Any sort of modern military base
  • Stage of Oktavia: An Opera House of Gothic architecture
  • Teahouse: The interior of a bar or pub
  • Magical Dairy: Any sort of dairy farm (whether it is a modern farm or an older ranch)
  • Farsight Oracle: This one's a bit odd, but it would be best described as a Lighthouse, but instead of a light-projecting room at its top, it would instead have a shrine somewhat like a miniature Church (but without a cross).

The Leader screens
Two of the Civilizations I am adding to the update have very little in terms of official artwork from the series, since they are from spinoff material which is nowhere near as popular as the original work. I usually base all of my icons from official art, but there is simply nothing suitable to use in this case. As such, there isn't a lot to reference, unfortunately. I will link to a gallery of what is available for the Leaders to use as a base for the art.

Both leaders are "dual" leaders, with two characters representing the Civilization's leader simultaneously, much like the Colonialist Legacies: Vietnam mod.

Note: I only need the Diplomacy Leaderscreens; there is enough material for me to make the other art assets such as the Icon and the Dawn of Man screen myself.

First request:
Leaders: Both this character and this character. Character A would ideally be in a confident, cocky pose, while Character B would be in a more demure, reserved pose.

Background: A teddy bear store, somewhat like the interior of a Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Second request
Leaders: Both this character and this character. Character A would ideally be in a dignified pose with her fingers steepled, while Character B would not be making eye contact with the player, showing disdain.

Background: Any sort of interior view of a cathedral.

Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated, and, of course, you will receive proper credit in my mod. Thanks in advance!

Haven't gotten any responses, but just in case anyone was interested or was working on something for me: I've decided to make all the art myself, even if it ends up looking terrible.

A mod can lock this thread since it won't be necessary anymore.

Top Bottom