Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

14.11 build. Turn 409, Austrin. Game is unpredictably unstable and can CtD, and I suspect it might be a base Civ 4 issue -- the demographics screen shows I have a national population of 2,147,483,647, while manually adding all the city population of all 70 of my cities gives me 5,481,497,000. Possible number overflow issues? Or, just the sheer number of units that would be on the map?

One thing I've noticed that will 100% cause a CtD in this game is if I hit a numpad key while in the city screen (had the game up on my laptop while I was inputting the city populations into a spreadsheet on my desktop, and hit the laptop's numpad instead of my desktop's).

14.11 build. Turn 409, Austrin. Game is unpredictably unstable and can CtD, and I suspect it might be a base Civ 4 issue -- the demographics screen shows I have a national population of 2,147,483,647, while manually adding all the city population of all 70 of my cities gives me 5,481,497,000. Possible number overflow issues? Or, just the sheer number of units that would be on the map?

One thing I've noticed that will 100% cause a CtD in this game is if I hit a numpad key while in the city screen (had the game up on my laptop while I was inputting the city populations into a spreadsheet on my desktop, and hit the laptop's numpad instead of my desktop's).
honestly, i'm not quite sure the computations of the demographics screen have been checked since ffh, so i wouldn't trust any kind of "total population value".

honestly, i'm not quite sure the computations of the demographics screen have been checked since ffh, so i wouldn't trust any kind of "total population value".
I don't think it's necessarily 'off', as it shows the civ with the least population has only 2,000, which would match the Scions and their two size 1 cities I'm trying to conquer (and my own brand new size 1 has 1,000 population).
That 2.1b number shown, however, is a binary value which makes me suspect the game can't show a value higher than that.

I don't think it's necessarily 'off', as it shows the civ with the least population has only 2,000, which would match the Scions and their two size 1 cities I'm trying to conquer (and my own brand new size 1 has 1,000 population).
That 2.1b number shown, however, is a binary value which makes me suspect the game can't show a value higher than that.
that's a possibility, yeah

Playing as the Illians, I just completed Ascension after having previously completed the Draw, and encountered two issues:

1) I have two copies of Auric Ascended (see attached screenshot). One was Commander Auric, who upgraded to Auric Ascended. The second is an apparently brand-new Auric Ascended.

2) The other civilizations following White Hand became my vassals, but I'm still at war with them (I previously completed the Draw, as I noted) and can't conduct diplomacy with any of them (again see attached screenshot).

I've attached a screenshot plus a saved game from the turn when I completed Ascension and the turn immediately before.

SVN Revision 364.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, Watering the Flames.

Screenshot (353).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0568.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • AutoSave_Turn_0567.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Playing as the Illians, I just completed Ascension after having previously completed the Draw, and encountered two issues:

1) I have two copies of Auric Ascended (see attached screenshot). One was Commander Auric, who upgraded to Auric Ascended. The second is an apparently brand-new Auric Ascended.

2) The other civilizations following White Hand became my vassals, but I'm still at war with them (I previously completed the Draw, as I noted) and can't conduct diplomacy with any of them (again see attached screenshot).

I've attached a screenshot plus a saved game from the turn when I completed Ascension and the turn immediately before.

SVN Revision 364.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, Watering the Flames.

View attachment 683060
ah great, i was aware of the vassal thing but couldn't replicate it. the save will help! thanks

I wonder if The Draw also triggers wars with teammates (whether human players or if the Illians summoned the Murcurians).

Hotseat game, r364, loaded by in game Load Mod menu.
Lanun turn (Casin Loveless), attacking the barbarian warrior causes a CTD.

Attachments

• Casin Loveless Turn_0042.CivBeyondSwordSave
    733.7 KB · Views: 2
Also, choosing the 'Show me the places touched by angels' option on the traveler offers to show you x event reveals the entire map and can cause a very early globe circumnavigation. Is that intended?

This may be an .ini issue, but in a hotseat game, I need to turn on resource icons and reissue GoTo movements every turn, adding an unneeded layer of micromanagement for city planning/worker management and moving stacks of doom 13 turns away. If an .ini flag, where should I look?

definitely not intended. (and never seen it before). What map size were you using ?
ErebusContinent, Huge
(My preferred mapscript is actually Planet Generator 0.68, but it's currently not in my Ashes 364 folder)
The event's happened seven times over the various civs I'm playing (hotseat), and I deliberately chose Angels the last four times because of the map reveal.

---
Is it intended to teleport all barbarians to the Clan territory then convert half to Clan control when For the Horde is cast (as opposed to vanilla FFH2/MNAI converting half the barbs to Clan on their original tiles)? I can see some very good strategic uses of this, as well as observant non-Clan players getting easy barb city captures, but it does seem somewhat OP, particularly when FtH is cast in reaction to Stasis.

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (354).png

I've started to tease the next update on the discord so i'll do it here too. I was expecting to be done by the end of last month, but ended up having technical issues causing delays. We're on track for a release soon. Here's an extract of the patch notes :
Art :
-Art Revamp part 1 : all civs got a look at, from minor tweaks to changed unit lines, to new units, to full rework.
I'll not detail everything to leave some surprise, but highlights include not naked lizards, more horses on the hippus, and so on...
Some spawns got a new look too.
Part 2 will include more spawns stuff, a look at heroes and buildings

-A number of fixes were provided for large models taking way more empty space ( making it hard to click around them) than expected . Thanks TiberiusW for the help. ( Also, if someone is an experienced modder, we made this not knowing what we were doing so a second look would be appreciated)

-A number of new icons were made by TiberiusW for various promotion sets, in keeping with the standard promotion artstyle ( Races, Naval Crews, SecondaryUnitCombat, and more)

-In terms of tools for modders :
-UnitArtstyle now allow for an additional promotion parameter ( allowing the same unit to have two or more designs based on promotions it gets) (see * * * * * *)
-BuildingArtStyle is now a thing, allowing civs to get unique looks for standard buildings without having to make a new one ( currently unused, models are welcome)
-two new art-related effects on promotions ReplaceArtType that replaces the art of a unit (without resorting to an ad-hoc UnitArtstyle) and ExtraArtType which adds an additional model to the unit ( if you have three people in your unit, you now have 4, with the fourth one being controled by the promotions)

Modules
-all modules now get a ModuleId entry. This helps to reference the module whenever a dependency needs to be done in python code or in another module.
-Moved Module Art to Pak file for faster initial loading

-Updated Arachnophobia (by Leastcraft), City Guards (by FoxXavier), Ljosalfar Expansion (by FoxXavier) , NewTraits (by wuxiangjinxing),
-Fixed a bug with Churel Module where Graveleeches could feed on themselves
-Fixed a bug with Churel TraitTriggers interefering with similar triggers for other traits
-Started Dural Rework with an art change. Instead of neo-classical, their units now look regular classical, though with a color scheme that match their flag and buildings style
-Added Help Techs to Religious Traits and Techs for DynRel Module
-Saila doesn't duplicate equipment on death anymore
-Frozen module doesn't cause Duplicate Auric Ascended anymore
-Frozen will now ally with their summoner if Illian, Doviello or White Hand Follower
-Fixed Mahon not showing up as a Calabim Leader
-Jotnar : added trait triggers for Blacksmith trait (from wuxiangjinxing)
-giving access to fishing boats to Jotnar
-MagisterAshes : Adding a new UF ( the Whispering Woods) with half a dozen unique results ( see Once Elves)
-Full Noggomortha Code Rework and Rebalance by TiberiusW

3 New Modules :
Goblin : A new civilization of green people organized in a clannic society. Makes heavy use of the new CityClass System
NotYetEmergenLeaders : The remnant of 25Hour's More Leaders mod.
The Blight by FoxXavier

Two different python exceptions related to the Keepers of Noggormotha.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (355).png
Screenshot (356).png

One more python exception.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (358).png

Top Bottom