Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

I've been playing as Khad of the Amurites, and I've reached a point in my game where Civ4 consistently crashes during the turn without an error message. I sentry some units in my cities, and then a worker is selected automatically, and then the game crashes. Not sure what is going on, but I've attached the save file in case that helps. I am just using the default modules.

Attachments

• r364_Klauros_Turn237.CivBeyondSwordSave
    470.1 KB · Views: 7
Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 364.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, Watering the Flames.

Screenshot (313).png

Two very similar -- but not identical -- python exceptions, screenshots attached.

SVN Revision 364.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, Watering the Flames.

Screenshot (314).png
Screenshot (315).png

Getting a repeatable CtD when I hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 364.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0053.CivBeyondSwordSave
    230.3 KB · Views: 7
Graphics "red blob" bug, screenshot attached.

For full context, playing as the Malakim with Decius as Leader. Adopted RoK. Captured a couple of Ljosalfar cities in a war. When I built a Stonewarden in the captured Ljosalfar cities I got the red blob.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (316).png

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (317).png

BUG: In my current game i ended up with two copies of The Hive, which is supposed to be a World Unit.

Details: I captured The Hive from the Ljosalfar during a war. (Presumably the Ljosalfar got it from exploring a unique lair, defeating it in combat, then taking the pieces and assembling it.) Much later in the game I had one of my units explore the Pyre of the Seraphic, and one of the results was The Hive. (I don't know if it matters, but I had conquered the Ljosalfar at that point and the Pyre was now in my territory.) I defeated The Hive in combat, had a unit pick up the pieces, take them back to a city, and rebuild The Hive. So now I have two Hives. I also don't know if this matters, but I'm playing as the Malakim with Decius as Leader.

SVN Revision 364.

In my current game, I am playing as Khad of the Amurites, who gets various elementals and other creatures spawning in through vault gates (similar to the Sheaim's planar gates). You can go into the city screen, hover over the vault gate building on the left, and see how many of the units you have and the max that can spawn. For some reason, on this turn in this save the number of Thades that can spawn is over 1 billion (at least according to this way of checking). The easiest way to see this is to go to the right side of my empire and into my capital, Cevedes, and then scroll down to the vault gate building and hover over it. This isn't game breaking, but if the issue continues I could end up having Thades spawn without limit, which seems unbalanced and unintended.

I am only using the default modules, and revision 364.

Attachments

• r364_Klauros_Turn 324.CivBeyondSwordSave
    708.3 KB · Views: 6
Still in my current game playing as the Malakim with Decius as Leader, encountering what seems to be a bug.

The Civilopedia says that Malakim Dervishes have to be upgraded from Leval 6 Assasins or Champions. My Level 6 (and up) Champions don't have the option to upgrade to Dervishes. Interestingly, in some -- but not all -- of the Ljosalfar cities I've captured, some of my Champions (I think Level 5 and up) have the option to upgrade to Shadows. (Decius has the Conqueror Trait, so Shadows rather than Dervishes.) I don't see the pattern for why it's some captured cities and not others, so attaching a saved game.

I don't have any Level 6 Assassins yet, so don't know if the same is true for Assassins.

SVN Revision 364.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0675.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Maybe a weird bug or maybe I've made a mistake somewhere, just downloaded Civ4 Complete from GOG, followed instructions for SVN version (r364). Played two games of 600+ turns on epic speed, but events aren't working at all, I did not get a single random event. I DID get the fixed event from walking into Letum Frigis, but that's it.

In case it matters, modules I have enabled:
AnimalLairs, Arachnophobia, BannorExpansion, BlackDuke, ChislevExpansion, Dural, Dwarves, DynRel, Fortifications, Frozen (though I did have the in game option to prevent them being summoned), ImportantLeaders, lizard-art, LjosalfarExpansion, MagisterAshes, MoreGoodies, MoreEvents, NewTraits, NodeYields, PPQ_Effects, PPQ-Flavor, PPQ_Navy, scion-healthcare, SidarWanes, WateringTheFlames

Unrelated to that, I think the lair result that spawns the Battlemage with channeling 3 and random magic circles is a little on the strong side, both games I had an AI get taken out by what appeared to be a battlemage with fire or earth elementals, very hard to push through that if they have any of the good t3 summons, and the battlemage himself is strength 6ish and has more promotions himself. Easily the worst powerful enemy I've seen from a lair by far.

Maybe a weird bug or maybe I've made a mistake somewhere, just downloaded Civ4 Complete from GOG, followed instructions for SVN version (r364). Played two games of 600+ turns on epic speed, but events aren't working at all, I did not get a single random event. I DID get the fixed event from walking into Letum Frigis, but that's it.

In case it matters, modules I have enabled:
AnimalLairs, Arachnophobia, BannorExpansion, BlackDuke, ChislevExpansion, Dural, Dwarves, DynRel, Fortifications, Frozen (though I did have the in game option to prevent them being summoned), ImportantLeaders, lizard-art, LjosalfarExpansion, MagisterAshes, MoreGoodies, MoreEvents, NewTraits, NodeYields, PPQ_Effects, PPQ-Flavor, PPQ_Navy, scion-healthcare, SidarWanes, WateringTheFlames

Unrelated to that, I think the lair result that spawns the Battlemage with channeling 3 and random magic circles is a little on the strong side, both games I had an AI get taken out by what appeared to be a battlemage with fire or earth elementals, very hard to push through that if they have any of the good t3 summons, and the battlemage himself is strength 6ish and has more promotions himself. Easily the worst powerful enemy I've seen from a lair by far.
you may have the hidden "no random event" option disabled. Try running a play now game. It should reset the hidden options to standard values. ( It's advised to do so when switching mods).

As for the lair result, the ai is a bit too tempted by Unique lairs at the moment. I'm tweaking it for next version so that they're a bit more wary of them. We'll see if that helps, or if i really need to nerf a bunch of the results

you may have the hidden "no random event" option disabled. Try running a play now game. It should reset the hidden options to standard values. ( It's advised to do so when switching mods).

As for the lair result, the ai is a bit too tempted by Unique lairs at the moment. I'm tweaking it for next version so that they're a bit more wary of them. We'll see if that helps, or if i really need to nerf a bunch of the results
Oh, them coming from unique lairs make sense, if they were more careful about opening unique lairs until they had t2 units like axemen and horsemen it probably wouldn't be as much of a problem
EDIT: I took like 30 seconds to pass a bunch of turns on a play now game and almost immediately got a 'prominent constellation' random event, thank you for that suggestion!

Bug involving text for a random event, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (321).png

Picking up on another comment about results from Unique Features, in a recent game I explored the Pyre of the Seraphic at Turn 114 and got a Beast of Agares! Seems way too powerful for that early in the game.

In my current game I got a stack of Frostlings after exploring Letum Frigus -- see attached screenshot. I know Frostlings aren't super powerful, so maybe this is okay? Even though it's only Turn 55.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (322).png

There are two Mechanical Dragons in my game, even though the Mechanical Dragon is a World Unit.

Screenshots attached. I've attached two screenshots to show the mouseover over each Mechanical Dragon, since their Ages are different, so they were created at separate times.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (325).png
Screenshot (326).png

Last edited:
A couple of python exceptions, screenshots attached.

SVN Revision 364.

Screenshot (327).png
Screenshot (328).png

First time in a long time that I'm playing as the Mechanos. I had forgotten that they lack a Tier 1 Disciple unit that can do a +20 culture burst, which really slows them down in wartime. I just captured a Lanun city that's experiencing 17 turns of disorder that I can't do anything about -- unless I had had the luck to have a spare Great Bard lying around somewhere. It might be easiest to give this ability to the Adeptus, to avoid having to create a new unit.

Another issue with the Mechanos involves their flying units: Lenora, Thopters, and Aquilan Thopters. My Lenora defeated the Fort Commander at the Guardian of Pristin Pass and established a Fort there She then defeated the three Gargoyles, but couldn't take the three Shards, which I had hoped to have her take to the Guardian to get the Triforce promotion. I also tried having a Thopter and an Aquilan Thopter take the Shards, but couldn't do that, either. I guess that's because they're classified as Naval Units, but it was disappointing, since the Mechanos don't have any other units that can access Peaks, Maybe have them classified as something else -- either Mounted or Recon? -- but retain some abilities of Naval Units, such as cargo space, bombardment, etc.

Another issue with the Mechanos involves their flying units: Lenora, Thopters, and Aquilan Thopters. My Lenora defeated the Fort Commander at the Guardian of Pristin Pass and established a Fort there She then defeated the three Gargoyles, but couldn't take the three Shards, which I had hoped to have her take to the Guardian to get the Triforce promotion. I also tried having a Thopter and an Aquilan Thopter take the Shards, but couldn't do that, either. I guess that's because they're classified as Naval Units, but it was disappointing, since the Mechanos don't have any other units that can access Peaks, Maybe have them classified as something else -- either Mounted or Recon? -- but retain some abilities of Naval Units, such as cargo space, bombardment, etc.

Well, this ended up not being a problem, really. I got the Guild of the Nine event where you get two Dwarven Champions, so I was able to send one of them to the Guardian's peak and get the Triforce promotion. I know I got lucky to get that event, but anyway.

Playing as the Luchuirp with Gimil as the Leader. Gimil has the Craftsmaster Trait, which is an Emergent Trait. The 'pedia entries for Craftsmater Level 1 and Craftsmaster Level 3 are the same, saying that they grant the Mobility promotion to all Golem units. Presumably a bug. Is the intention that Craftsmaster Level 1 gives Mobility I and Craftsmater Level 3 gives Mobility II? Or something else altogether? Mobility II seems like a relatively small benefit for leveling up the Trait to Level 3, no?

Separately, I'm wondering if some changes to Barnaxus might make sense. Right now once you get him to the Combat V promotion your safest approach is to stash him away in a city far from the front and not risk him in further combat, since you don't get any benefit from leveling him up further and having him acquire further promotions. Maybe allow any further promotions Barnaxus acquires to also be granted to the Luchuiirp's Golems, so he has something to do in the mid to late game -- although that could be overpowered, having hordes of Golems with promotinos beyond Empower I-V, I don't know.

Top Bottom