Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 366.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

Right after this the game crashed, with the same Fatal Error message that I posted before.

Screenshot (371).png

SVN Revision 366.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

Right after this the game crashed, with the same Fatal Error message that I posted before.

View attachment 688909
what was your mouse hovering over on this one ?

what was your mouse hovering over on this one ?
I'm sorry, I don't remember. It was a game I was playing yesterday, but didn't get around to uploading the screenshot until today.

The screenshot says that my Baron Duin Halfmorn had just defeated a Savage Highwayman. I might have ordered Duin back to a city a few tiles away, because sometimes that's when the MAF errors happen, if I click a few or several tiles away to send a unit there.

Sometimes the MAF errors happen when the game itself is moving from one part of the map to another to show me another unit or city. It's inconsistent and generally seems to be not repeatable -- when I load the previous Autosave I don't get the MAF error on the same turn, but can usually play at least a few turns, sometimes more than a few, before another MAF error happens.

Is there some other information that would be helpful? I remember a long time ago uploading crash dump files, although it was so long ago that I don't remember what folder they're in. And I'm not sure how helpful those were anyway.

Rev. 366.5

No Luck with Patria lately, but what else to expect from a undead civ?
Probably not a bug, but the Hill Giant was not visible until I placed a city on it in the advanced start menu with bad luck.
That being said, can ´t these hill giants maybe spawn later after a few turns and not at the start? They are very OP.
Edit 1: The Hill giant disappeared after I placed units in the city.

Edit 2: Still got the Phyton Bug with Patria, I made new installation, disabled some more Modules and used the ones I normally play with.
At least I got no memory crashes so far with 366.5, but they occured to me at Rev. 366 later on with more rounds and Units & cities in game though at loading a save. At the moment I can ´t even progress so far with the phyton bugs, will try another Civ.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 3.png
    3.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Rev. 366.5

No Luck with Patria lately, but what else to expect from a undead civ?
Probably not a bug, but the Hill Giant was not visible until I placed a city on it in the advanced start menu with bad luck.
That being said, can ´t these hill giants maybe spawn later after a few turns and not at the start? They are very OP.

Edit: Still got the Phyton Bug with Patria, I made new installation, disabled some more Modules and used the ones I nornally play with.
At least I got no memory crashes so far with 366.5, but they occured to me at Rev. 366 later on with more rounds and Units & cities in game though at loading a save. At the moment I can ´t even progress so far with the phyton bugs, will try another Civ.
advanced start does weird thing to the barb spawn

I just tried another Play Now game (as opposed to the Custom Games I usually do) and same thing.

Huge Tectonics Map, Water Level 60%, Aridity Random.

Graphics settings are the default settings, so Screen Resolution 1024x768. Anti-Aliasing MultiSamples 2. Graphics Level High, Render Quality Level High, Globe Quality High, Movie Quality High, Opening Menu Ashes of Erebus. The only Graphics options checked are Globe View Buildings Disabled and Full-screen Mode.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

I just tried another Play Now game (as opposed to the Custom Games I usually do) and same thing.

Huge Tectonics Map, Water Level 60%, Aridity Random.

Graphics settings are the default settings, so Screen Resolution 1024x768. Anti-Aliasing MultiSamples 2. Graphics Level High, Render Quality Level High, Globe Quality High, Movie Quality High, Opening Menu Ashes of Erebus. The only Graphics options checked are Globe View Buildings Disabled and Full-screen Mode.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

Okay, I did another Play Now game and the graphics were fine. I tried another one, just to test, and again, the graphics were fine. So I started a Custom Game, with my preferred options, and again, the graphics are fine.

So I don't know what the problem was, maybe something specific to my computer? But right now it's okay so far.

I decided to try a Ringworld map for the first time in a long time and got a Python exception, screenshot attached. I was still able to start the game, so it's not fatal, and I don't know how many people play Ringworld maps anyway.

SVN Revision 367.

Screenshot (374).png

SVN Revision 367.

Screenshot (375).png

I've also attached the Autosave from right before this happens. An event comes up with four choices. If I choose to receive the Chaos II Adept, then promote the Warrior and either move him back into the city or have him stay where he is to heal, then hit the Space Bar for the Work Boat, this python exception comes up and I effectively can't continue the game. If I make any of the other three choices for the event, then this does not happen, so seems to have something to do with the Adept.

VN Revision 367.

Screenshot (376).png

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0096.CivBeyondSwordSave
    410.6 KB · Views: 0

I've also attached the Autosave from right before this happens. An event comes up with four choices. If I choose to receive the Chaos II Adept, then promote the Warrior and either move him back into the city or have him stay where he is to heal, then hit the Space Bar for the Work Boat, this python exception comes up and I effectively can't continue the game. If I make any of the other three choices for the event, then this does not happen, so seems to have something to do with the Adept.

VN Revision 367.

View attachment 689377
did you install the quickfix i mentioned a few posts ago? that in theory should have taken care of this.

did you install the quickfix i mentioned a few posts ago? that in theory should have taken care of this.
I did, yes, and generally I haven't had graphics problems since then. That's why I decided to replay the Autosave and try different things, to see if I could narrow it down, which is how I got that it seems to have something to do with having selected the Adept, because I think it happens when the game is moving to the Adept for you to choose what to do with it. I was hoping uploading the Autosave might help in tracking down the exact problem.

VN Revision 367.

version 367 is out. mostly bugfixes and the beginning of cleaning up the art folder in order to decrease MAF issues
Hi, I'm having trouble downloading r367, it keeps failing at just over 1GB, I have tried Windows with/without VPN and iPad. I don't think that my connection limits me to 1GB downloads, any ideas?

hmmm, might be an issue with the sourceforge servers, try this download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/ghwkk7rf82ls74n/Ashes_of_Erebus.7z/file
Thanks, it has now downloaded OK. Initially I had a GFC error when it started but I think that was due to not deleting an r343 set of cache files. It now starts but when I create a new game I get the following errors:
Tag: LEADER_RUIROS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_DUMANNIOS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_BRAEDEN in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_ANAGANTIOS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
These errors cycle around endlessly as as far as I can tell

Top Bottom