Ask a Human

Bozo Erectus

Master Baker
For those of you new to the topic, heres a good basic description:
Humans, or human beings, are bipedal apes belonging to the mammalian species Homo sapiens (Latin for "wise man" or "knowing man") under the family Hominidae (known as the great apes).[1][2] Humans have a highly developed brain capable of abstract reasoning, language and introspection. This, combined with an erect body carriage that frees their upper limbs for manipulating objects, has allowed humans to make greater use of tools than any other species. Humans or Homo sapiens as well as the whole Hominidae tree originated in Africa, but now inhabit every continent with a total population of over 6.5 billion as of 2006.

Like most primates, humans are social by nature. However, humans are particularly adept at utilizing systems of communication for self-expression and the exchange of ideas. Humans create complex social structures composed of co-operating and competing groups, ranging in scale from individual families to nations, and social interaction between humans has established a variety of traditions, rituals, ethics, values, social norms, and laws which form the basis of human society. Humans also have a marked appreciation for beauty and aesthetics which, combined with the human desire for self-expression, has led to cultural innovations such as art, literature and music.

Humans are also noted for their desire to understand and influence the world around them, seeking to explain and manipulate natural phenomena through religion, science, philosophy and mythology. This natural curiosity has led to the development of advanced tools and skills; humans are the only known species to build fires, cook their food, clothe themselves, and use numerous other technologies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human

Im human and Id be happy to answer any questions people might have about human beings.

I believe its every 7 years, maybe one of the other humans here could confirm that.

Why as a human you as specie have need to make continuos stream of "ask a"-threads?

Is it because you are full of yourselves or that unless some other human ultimately recognises your existence constantly you end up with feeling of non-existance and desperation?

Is the deep recognition of your needs by your mother which attribute later you can transfer into your own body after you have gained enough strenght the source of your "apparent" self-awareness?

In your experience, what strategies do species-members employ to prove themselves worthy to the opposite sex?

I saw another member going 'survival of the fittest' in another thread. Is this a good excuse to destroy mother earth?

Why is it that humans feel the need to create artificial social environments (World of Warcraft? CFC?) rather than engaging in the society right outside of their doors?

Why is it that humans feel the need to create artificial social environments (World of Warcraft? CFC?) rather than engaging in the society right outside of their doors?
Even though I don't play WoW...What is the difference?

Do you really think that dressing up, getting drunk and entering bar full of dancing people isn't articifial (and superficial)? :lol:

Even though I don't play WoW...What is the difference?

Do you really think that dressing up, getting drunk and entering bar full of dancing people isn't articifial (and superficial)? :lol:

Okay, well direct (possibly physical) social contact as opposed to highly remote.

Clearly a great deal of people are fundamentally changing their patterns of socialization (or perhaps starting for the first time?)

NOTE: I am not saying it is worse, but it is curious that so many people are making this choice, and it isn't just "nerds"

How do you snap your fingers or whistle with two fingers in your mouth? I could never do it!

NOTE: I am not saying it is worse, but it is curious that so many people are making this choice, and it isn't just "nerds"
Yeah, kind of curious of that too.

I did play pen and paper RPGs when I was younger but it happened in social setting within physical touch and never played any multiplayer RPGs with computers. Still know people who play Wow and I'm terrible interested about the activity, in fact almost I envy how someone can play such a game while I know wouldn't get anything out of it. Maybe the lack of imagination from my part.

Probably the answer is same as why we are chatting here on message board and not in nearby pub? ;)

Top Bottom