Ask Dennis Shirk about Civ V: Gods & Kings (submissions closed!)

It might be that steam has to consider this as dlc rather than a separate game, and I don't know if their system is set up to allow preordering dlc

I'm pretty sure they had preorders for the Shogun 2 expansion that came out recently.

It might be that steam has to consider this as dlc rather than a separate game, and I don't know if their system is set up to allow preordering dlc

Fall of the Samurai is an expansion, and that was on there early for preorder. Gods and kings will be coming along. Dennis Shirk already said it will be available on steam. I was just surprised they have no option for preorder yet though, with a little more than a month away from release.

Fall of the Samurai is an expansion, and that was on there early for preorder. Gods and kings will be coming along. Dennis Shirk already said it will be available on steam. I was just surprised they have no option for preorder yet though, with a little more than a month away from release.

Agreed, I keep bothering Liz, Greg and 2k about it on Twitter.. no reply D:

UPDATE!

"@JohnBigOz Finally got an answer for you! It'll be available to pre-order on Steam around the end of the month :)"

UPDATE!

"@JohnBigOz Finally got an answer for you! It'll be available to pre-order on Steam around the end of the month :)"

They love to torture us, don't they? :lol:

UPDATE!

Start bothering them about the answers!

EDIT: well... not them but Firaxis :p

Well, there's less than a month until the game launches, and yet the questions still haven't been listed/responded to. What was the point of all of this again?

Yeah... Very bad attitude from Firaxis, promising and not delivering. Wont bother with questions next time...

No answers yet, just like they promised dll too that it will come soon but that never happened. :(

Actually, all they said for the dll was that it was a long way off, but they wanted to tell people early so they'd know it was still coming.

Yeah, the DLL has been 'on its way' for a while now.

I find it curious that 2K marketing/PR is able to distribute a whole lot of preview builds to seemingly every game reviewer in existence, but is unable to answer a few questions from CFC, most of which have probably been at least partially answered by now.

didn't he say the questions were more about the development side of things rather than features? i would still like to see answers about how they came to some of their conclusions in development - it would be interesting considering there seems to be some controversy about what is and isn't included

What I find the most odd about this is that it was seemingly driven by Firaxis. We didn't send them a host of questions on-spec expecting them to answer; ourselves, weplayciv and apolyton were invited to pose 10 questions each. Furthermore, the podcasts filmed when Liz and Greg went to Firaxis - immediately after PAX East - haven't seen light of day yet. Again, we didn't ask them to do a podcast; they volunteered the information at PAX East - two months ago.

didn't he say the questions were more about the development side of things rather than features? i would still like to see answers about how they came to some of their conclusions in development - it would be interesting considering there seems to be some controversy about what is and isn't included

No, I believe the 10 questions from this thread were about about features, gameplay, this kind of thing. But there is that another thread, From 2K Greg on 2K Forums: "What would you like to know from the dev team?", which is the one you're talking about; both weren't answered.

As for the dev team questions, the official site has a podcast section in the downloads area, so I think those answers are still coming, even if they may be a bit late for some people.

Top Bottom