Asking a couple of editing questions

Jackpot

Chieftain
I could use a little help with this, and I wanted an excuse to use the new FFH button!

1. Which file(s) need to be edited in order to prevent the "review civics options" gump from appearing on turn 2?

2. I have edited the CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml file to change my default options but cannot locate the 'No_ Hell_Terrain' file. I hate hell terrain. bleeech.

3. Is it possible to reveal an area of the map around the starting settler (i.e. 20x20 tiles on a Huge map)? I find myself reloading an awful lot trying to get a preferred map.

Thanks in advance!

1. I believe you could do this by deleting this from C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\python\CvEventManager.py:
Code:
	def onEndPlayerTurn(self, argsList):
		'Called at the end of a players turn'
		iGameTurn, iPlayer = argsList

if (gc.getGame().getElapsedGameTurns() == 1):
			if (gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).isHuman()):
				if (gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).canRevolution(0)):
					popupInfo = CyPopupInfo()
					popupInfo.setButtonPopupType(ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_CHANGECIVIC)
					popupInfo.addPopup(iPlayer)

CvAdvisorUtils.resetAdvisorNags()
		CvAdvisorUtils.endTurnFeats(iPlayer)

2. Hell terrain is controlled by the plot counter. There is no "No Hell Terrain" file. Terrains defined in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4TerrainInfos.xml change based on the counter and the <iPlotCounterDown>, <TerrainDown>, <iPlotCounterUp>, and <TerrainUp> fields. The rise and fall of the plot counter and the changes in resources and features caused by changes in the plot counter are handled by the def doHellTerrain(self): function in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\python\CustomFunctions.py, which is called in CvEventManager.py if the GAMEOPTION_NO_PLOT_COUNTER option is not on. You can prevent the spread of hell (and its retreat, if it is placed in worldbuilder) by activating that option.

3. Probably. I believe pPlot.setRevealed(iTeam, True, True, TeamTypes.NO_TEAM) can reveal a plot to a team, and it would be easy to cycle though a 20x20 area to apply this to each plot in range, but I'm not sure how to find the location of the starting position.

You could also just increase the visibility range from the Starting Settler promotion even more, but I don't think that could let you see through forests or peaks. I guess if you want you could let that promotion allow a spell that cycles though plots near the caster's and reveals them.

I appreciate your taking the time to offer helpful suggestions. I had success with #1 (removing the civics reminder gump) with no problem. As far as the Hell terrain I understand that it is tied to the plot counter but if I were to enable that script, how would it effect the placement of resources and features? I have yet to try out suggestion #3 and will tinker with it later today.

Cool. Thanks M.C.

Could grant starting settler the ability to use recon if you wanted. Or indeed start players with a limited-duration all-seeing eye (or whatever the unit's called).

Starting settler already has nice sight range. Try to get to mirror of heaven on a hill and you'll see. And you don't need an optimal starting location, except maybe for Kuriotates. If you really must have a perfect location, the only way is to world builder it in.

Starting settler already has nice sight range. Try to get to mirror of heaven on a hill and you'll see. And you don't need an optimal starting location, except maybe for Kuriotates. If you really must have a perfect location, the only way is to world builder it in.

How, pray tell, does one try to accomplish this feat?

I generally just enable the world builder at the start, and look around my general area.

Top Bottom