Assassination attempt on Barack Obama! Media silent, because ...

Aroddo

Emperor
... the assassin is a good looking female white right-wing gun-nut from Texas.
Just guessing, though.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/texas-woman-sentenced-ricin-letters-case-24579400

Link to video.

A Texas actress who tried to blame her husband after sending ricin-laced letters to officials including President Barack Obama was sentenced Wednesday to 18 years in prison.

A federal judge gave Shannon Guess Richardson, 36, the maximum sentence under her plea deal on a federal charge of possessing and producing a biological toxin. Richardson was also ordered to pay restitution of about $367,000. She had pleaded guilty to the charge in December.

"I never intended for anybody to be hurt," she told the court, adding later, "I'm not a bad person; I don't have it in me to hurt anyone."

Judge Michael H. Schneider noted that she had put many lives in danger and threatened public officials.

Richardson, who had minor acting roles in film and television including in the series "The Walking Dead" and the movie "The Blind Side," said she thought security measures would prevent anyone from opening the letters addressed to Obama, then New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Mark Glaze, who at the time was director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Bloomberg's group advocating for tougher gun control.

Prosecutors say Richardson mailed the three letters from New Boston, outside Texarkana, then went to police and claimed that her husband had done it. She was arrested last June. The day before her arrest, Nathan Richardson filed for divorce; it was finalized in January.

Prosecutors say investigators noted inconsistencies in Richardson's statements. She also acknowledged in a signed plea agreement that she ordered castor beans online and learned how to process them into a substance used to make ricin, a toxin that can cause respiratory failure if inhaled.

She obtained an email address, a PayPal shopping account and a post office box in her husband's name without his knowledge, according to the document.

On the morning of May 20, 2013, she said she waited for her husband to go to work and then printed the mailing labels.

The letter to Obama read, "What's in this letter is nothing compared to what ive got in store for you mr president," according to the document. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns. Anyone wants to come to my house will get shot in the face."

She eventually admitted to trying to blame her husband and lying to authorities.

In asking the judge for leniency Wednesday, Richardson apologized and asked for "mercy and compassion," saying that she'd already been "punished dearly" by being away from her six children, who she described as "her world." Her youngest was born prematurely while she was in custody.

"The sentiments expressed in those letters were not mine," Richardson said.

Richardson also was tearful at times. "I don't feel like I was in my right mind leading up to that point," she said.

Richardson's attorney, Tonda Curry, said her client was "exuding desperation to get out of the situation she was in."

... the assassin is a good looking female white right-wing gun-nut from Texas.
Just guessing, though.
The feminist conspiracy runs deep...

hahaha, exactly. :D

Media silent because it's a story from last year. Why should they report on the sentence itself for failed attempts against various gov people.

And she looks reasonably hot too, so i vote to limit her sentence :)

Not much of a story. In the spectrum of assassination attempts this is a whole lot closer to 'made an idle threat' than it is to 'president in surgery having bullet removed'. Chances are her homegrown ricin wouldn't have killed anyone unless they rolled up the letter and used it to snort coke.

Sounds like she was trying to set up her husband more than anything else.

Indeed, that's what I take from this as well. Going right to the cops after mailing it? Still, regardless of her true intent was, she did threaten the President (and others), and that's just not acceptable, not to mention stupid as hell.

I love this quote: "I never intended for anybody to be hurt!"

Dudette, you mailed poison to someone.

kinda like killing two birds with one stone. kill the president AND get rid of her husband.
Oh, and publicity for being a patriotic american hero. Would probably work wonders for her acting career, too.

But like Cenk said: The news coverage would have been gigantic if it was a muslim sending a ricin laced latter to Obama.

She's just like Hamas trying to attack someone stronger than her. Surely she should be freed because her actions didn't actually harm anyone and President Obama has hurt lots of people. :rolleyes:

There have to have been so many unreported attempts or at least threats at this point.

That fella throwing a dud grenade at Dubya in Georgia was more exciting.

Hell, that fella that threw his shoes at Dubya was more exciting!

I find it absolutely amazing that that guy got off both barrels and the secret service didn't get a hand on him.

Obama should kill about a 1,000 Texans over this.
A proportional response would be to send the USAF to drop a LGB on her home while her kids and hubby are in. This is after all a perfectly reasonable response to terrorism and 'any other country would do the same'.

I look forward to certain posters heartily endorsing this statement. :)

Top Bottom