Assimilation

I concur. This should definitely be made a gaming option. I think the build orders should indefinitely stay the same upon creation (original civ). Tho, that the racial promotion would have a check on cultural percentage. Also, i believe that there should be a check so that national heroes cannot be built in that manner. I mean, its not like theyd be like Suzaku from Code Geass and betray their own country . . . >>

This is a nice bonus feature. If it could be expanded on I would propose that somehow the cities from another civ provide additional unhappiness (and could be more based on civics, i.e. GodKing, Sac the Weak, & Fend for Themselves provides additional unhappiness for cities of other civs, City States, Liberty, & Social Order less). To provide a counter-balance go with an Age of Wonder like ritual (so not rushable) that lets you convert a city to your population based on the distance to your civ.

Maybe it would be best to field test this in one of the more comprehesive modmods. Ahwaric? Vehem? Magister?

I assume this mod allows you to build the victim civ's stuff in that city indefinitely. Would it be possible to only allow units and buildings that were available (tech-wise) to the victim civ at the time of capture? For example, you capture a Luchirip city while they have access to gargoyles - neat, now you can build them too! You then research Iron Working, but you aren't able to build Iron Golems in that city because you aren't tinkerers and wouldn't even think to build something like that (and the remaining dwarves aren't exactly going to suggest new weapon designs to be used against their friends).

Anyone willing to walk me through on how to implement this into the FfH game?

This is a nice bonus feature. If it could be expanded on I would propose that somehow the cities from another civ provide additional unhappiness (and could be more based on civics, i.e. GodKing, Sac the Weak, & Fend for Themselves provides additional unhappiness for cities of other civs, City States, Liberty, & Social Order less). To provide a counter-balance go with an Age of Wonder like ritual (so not rushable) that lets you convert a city to your population based on the distance to your civ.

My thoughts exactly. I think it's silly that once you destroy a civ all their culture goes away and so goes the cultural unhappiness.
If diplomacy relations stayed even when civ is dead, that would give some interesting choices. Civs that you conquered would likely remain annoyed or furious with you, so their pop would be more rebellious, and in their cities you couldn't train units at all, or trained units would have 'rebellious' promotion, that could turn them barbarian or make them desert.
If you liberate your ally city, they would be friendly with you, so you could train their unique troops there.
Some civics, like you said, would influence that. Nationhood would be strongly against non-national pops, and it should even disable all secondary civ UU and UB, allowing you to train your own.

Top Bottom