At my wicks end, hope someone can help

Ajax103

Chieftain
Few days ago I was playing for the first time in months with some mods and a higher difficulty, and the first game with Pangaea Plus so it was pretty fun and going well.

Randomly though, after I finished researching Fertilizer/ Archaeology ( I tried both) when I went to pick a new tech to research, there were none there to pick ( simply no techs on the left side window) and the tech tree itself was seemed broken and static.

Thinking was a problem with the mods, I go turn the mods off that say it doesn't affect save games. And then I get a run time error and CTD. But each time I try with a different combo of mods ( Or just all the original mods) and keep getting a runtime error.

So to sum up, my game was fantastic until I couldn't pick a new tech, I tried to fix it, and that seemed to break the game completely. I really hope someone can help me out with this as I put time aside this week to play civ today, and this the only day I can really relax, and this problem is maddening.

I have been searching for a fix for days with this and the only suggestions I have found relevant are clearing the cache and verifying the game file through steam.
Some questions about those though;
Do they mean the cache folder at /My Games/ Sid Meiers Civ5/ cache? Do I just delete all of the files in there?
And when I verify the game files through steam, it says every time that a file was missing and will be fixed, except I have done that 10 000 times over the past weeks and it says that every bloody time, has this happened to anyone?

Any suggestions and insight would be very welcome, as I have been trying to fix and find some help for this all week, and Im afraid if I try any longer, I m going to throw my keyboard through my screen

Thx guys

Top Bottom