At the Gates- a Story of Conflict

Well, this seems interesting. Count me in.

Also, on the off chance that it hasn't been decided yet, I too agree that we should settle in place.

Lorenzo the Bold

Lorenzo Venezia Enrico Dandolo- Son of Enrico Dandolo, first Tyrant of Venezia.

Lorenzo walked down the streets of Venezia, his head high and proud. The man was dressed in his finest clothes, a white shirt and skirt, that was covered by a red vest. He looked around his new city with happiness. Venezia was founded three years ago when Lorenzo's father Enrico was named Tyrant. Now, the young man was Tyrant and the city was growing and expanding with new homes being built daily. Nomad peoples were flooding to the city, looking for shelter.

Then he reached the foundations of a much larger building. It was massive, 100 times larger than the average hut. This was to be Lorenzo's personal residence.

"Tyrant Lorenzo!" The young Tyrant turned to see a man running at him. He stopped and bowed two meters before him. "A group of Nomad have challenged you authority and are coming to attack!" Lorenzo ordered the man to find every able bodied man he could.

Two hours later, Lorenzo was darned in light leather armor and stood before his militia preparing to defend their new home.

The young Tyrant went before his troops, his spear in hand. He examined them briefly before speaking. "Today we fight for our homes, wives and childen!" He yelled, "I ask of you only two things, and that is to follow me and cleave thier heads off!" After his quick speech the men erupted into cheers and taunts to the enemy, who now were approaching.

After only a few moments of waiting, Lorenzo ordered his hunters to take their spear and find a nomad to kill. Then, Lorenzo told them to throw it into their lines. They complied without question, many of the spears imapling a nomad. Seconds later, Lorenzo charged, his entire army following. The Tyrant sliced through his first nomad with ease, and soon his entire army crashed into the enemy lines as well. Blood began to spray on him from all directions. A nomdad came at Lorenzo from the front, his weapn extended. But the young man sidestepped the attempted stab and cut through the nomad's face with his crude knife. Once again blood sprayed on Lorenzo, but he kept going, killing man after man with no fear of death. In fact he welcomed it, and attempted to drive him into the enemies ranks.

The battle was only moments long, but it left a perminant mark on the people of Venezia. No one challenged their authority.

I totally agree with the last speaker. Looking forward for the next episode.

Dang!

Hope you come back with a new story soon.

Top Bottom