Attitude Icons

I have trouble getting this to work with 3.13.. For some reason, when I modify the CvMainInterface file, all the commands for my units disappear :S.

do you know it's very important if you use tabs or spaces and the amount of them are correctly? mostly it's an incorrect amount of tabs/spaces in such cases ;)

I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but there is a working copy of Attitude Icons within the BUG Mod's Advanced Scoreboard. I'm pretty sure Porges isn't working on bringing this to 3.13, so you may want to get the BUG Mod or stip the revised code out.

I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but there is a working copy of Attitude Icons within the BUG Mod's Advanced Scoreboard. I'm pretty sure Porges isn't working on bringing this to 3.13, so you may want to get the BUG Mod or stip the revised code out.
Or you can just download this simple mod which is fully compatible with v3.13 BtS and the ONLY thing it does is add the smiley attitude icons... NOTHING ELSE.

It should seemlessly merge with any custom mods you have as-well.

Attachments

• Civ4_BtSv313_AttitudeIcons.zip
    187.5 KB · Views: 424
I've overwritten the "CvMainInterface" file but it still doesn't work properly (as in, no action buttons for selected units). Could there be anything else that interferes with this?

I've overwritten the "CvMainInterface" file but it still doesn't work properly (as in, no action buttons for selected units). Could there be anything else that interferes with this?
If you're using my attitude icons mini-mod you shouldn't be over-writing anything... this should only be installed in the "Beyond the Sword" CustomAssets folder or a Beyond the Sword Mod folder... so it shouldn't overwrite any file at all.

There's some things you also need to be sure of...

1) This mod is for Beyond the Sword v3.13... if you're not using BtS or v3.13, you will have problems.

2) Must go in either BtS CustomAssets folder or a BtS Mod folder... sticking this in devault Civ4 or Warlords folders won't work.

3) Don't forget to install the GameFont_75.tga as well in the proper folder (included in readme).

If you follow the included installation instructions and you're using the proper version of the game, it will work.

1. Right
2. I put it in: "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Extra 3.13\Assets\Python\Screens"
3. Already got it, but maybe the problem lies with my GameFont_75 file, I dunno..

1. Right
2. I put it in: "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Extra 3.13\Assets\Python\Screens"
3. Already got it, but maybe the problem lies with my GameFont_75 file, I dunno..
You have to use the GameFont_75 file that comes with the mod or it won't work... if you have a custom GameFont_75 of your own, it won't have the needed graphics. This file stores the smilies themselves and if you use your own file instead of the provided one, you won't have the needed smilies.

anyone got this working for 3.17?

edit: nm its working now, wasn't working last night, weird.

I've got an attitude icon mini-mod available in the download database for v3.17.

Forget what i just said, i fixed it xD

i had the same issue, it would've been nice if you posted the fix. :confused:

anyway, for Bts, make sure the python code "neighborhood" looks like:
Spoiler :

Code:
											szTempBuffer = u"%d: %s" %(gc.getGame().getPlayerScore(ePlayer), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getName())
										szBuffer = szBuffer + szTempBuffer
#attitude icons - start

if not gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isHuman():
											iAtt = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).AI_getAttitude(gc.getGame().getActivePlayer())
											szTempBuffer = u"%c" %(CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols.POWER_CHAR) + 4 + iAtt)
											szBuffer = szBuffer + szTempBuffer
#attitude icons - end					
										if (gc.getTeam(eTeam).isAlive()):

the issue has to do with following the FIRST page instructions (NOT for Bts). its says to add code after a line, you end up pushing a "szBuffer = szBuffer + szTempBuffer" below the mod (correct). what is wrong is that you need that statement again ABOVE the modded code. see the snippet above, you'll see two instances of "szBuffer = szBuffer + szTempBuffer" bracketing the new code.
post 44, by turlute does show the right code for Bts, but by following page 1 first, you've screwed it all up by then....phew :)

Also, make SURE the indentation is correct. even with logging on, these errors did not show in the python log.

I had to reinstall windows on my computer and I want to install the attitude icons again. When I try to open any of the .py files they are a white square and it asks "What program would you like to open this with"

What program do I need to be able to read these?

Edit: It happens in the BTS folder, as well. I already uninstalled and reinstalled both Civ IV and BTS, too.
Edit2: I mean cmon somebody has to know. Do I need adobe maybe?

Okay so I tried opening it with microsoft word and wordpad and each program tells me I cannot save it there or cannot edit it. At the top it says that it is a read only file.

I tried to save the .py file to my desktop and then put it into the folder. I checked on the file on the desktop and it had the correct attitude icon stuff in the right place and then it still doesn't work.

I dunno what the hell to do. It bugs me not having the attitude icons. Is there a program that is meant to open these files? Like maybe adobe or something?

Okay so I tried opening it with microsoft word and wordpad and each program tells me I cannot save it there or cannot edit it. At the top it says that it is a read only file.

Are you running Windows Vista?
If yes: Try to execute wordpad (don't use word, not sure, what it will produce) as administrator.

What do you mean execute wordpad? I already tried it with word. And I just reformatted windows so I don't think there should be any problems with my computer.

What do you mean execute wordpad? I already tried it with word. And I just reformatted windows so I don't think there should be any problems with my computer.
Don't use word, it's rubbish for editing code. And by "execute wordpad", The_J just means you should try to start wordpad with administrator rights (right-click on the program, select "run as administrator").

The .py-files are just plain text files. Any editor that can open plain text can edit them as well - no special program required, wordpad can open and save it properly, so can notepad. If you want to have it extra comfortable, use notepad++, as it highlights the code accordingly.

Cheers, LT.

Top Bottom