Australians Mod

yea .. that is called "catch me (unmentionable) me" up here ;)

can u create seperate culture groups? that would be VERY cool ... u could put the kiwis in there, aboriginals and islander civs in there

kiwis could have the sheep rooter unit :p lol ... mebey not :lol: mebey give them the ANZAC unit also? (wouldnt be a unique unit then, but it is as much theirs as ours)

the aboriginals could have the nomadic warrior unit? a warrior with all terrain as roads? could be a little to powerful perhaps?

and the islanders could have a headhunter unit ... a warrior with an attack of 2/1/1

mebey a kiwi could come up with a better UU? but im happy as an aussi to share it ;)

so u cant make any kind of a unique buildings? .. that would be soooo cool

Originally posted by c4man
But if u could change the graphics of the Anzacs it would be
sweet

Yeah. That would be nice. However, I don't have any ideas at all as to the Anzac graphics. And I'm not that good at making unit graphics. If someone else (who is good at graphics) could do it, that would make them better off.

Anyway, I'm trying to work on an era specific set of Barton leaderheads. Problem is, that I can't find any pictures of Barton in colour to use.

What about Warren Barton? And Don Bradman?

And how come you forgot the great Parramatta as a city?

Seriously though, this is a great mod, well done.

Quote Problem is, that I can't find any pictures of Barton. [/B][/QUOTE]

The problem with finding a colour photo of Barton would be that they wouldnt exist. He died in 1920 colour was invented later.

Attachments

• barton.jpg
    barton.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 901
LordAz, a few more cities for ya...

Wagga Wagga, one of, if not THE largest inland city in the country.

Ipswich, big city west of Brisbane.

There's others I could say, like Temora, Caboolture, Nerang, Robina, but they're more like giant towns in the end I guess...

But I'm surprised Ipswich and Wagga were left out :) And no, it's not pronouced 'wagga' it's pronouced 'wogga'. Hey, I dunno why, I didn't name the place.

Originally posted by c4man
The problem with finding a colour photo of Barton would be that they wouldnt exist. He died in 1920 colour was invented later.

Obviously, there is no colour photos. But I did manage to find a painting in colour. Maybe I'll use that.

Attachments

• barton colour painting.jpg
    barton colour painting.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 919
Oh and BTW...

I've got a good pic to use as the Background of Ancient and Medieval. I've also got a decent pic of Parliament House to use as the backdrop of the modern leaderhead. I've got problems finding a good Industrial age one. Anybody got a pic that would suit as an Industrial Age background, or at least ideas as to what it could be?

Maybe a picture of a train or something? If anyone can come up with a few different steam train / industrial type shots, I can make em into a collage that would look pretty good.

(i'm a graphic designer)

Shouldn't the ANZAC's be Riflemen instead infantry slightly beefed up? It would make more sense historically.

What about adding Light Horsemen as per the Australian Lighthorse Unit in WW1? It is a significant piece of OZ military history.

Originally posted by Geddy
Shouldn't the ANZAC's be Riflemen instead infantry slightly beefed up? It would make more sense historically.

Really? I thought Infantry made more sense than riflemen. Riflemen came in right near the beginning of the Industrial age. I preferred them to replace Infantry because Anzacs were still a powerful fighting force into WWII, Korean War and 'nam. I never saw an early Industrial rifleman being capable of comparing to the Anzacs. Particularly during WWII, and the Cold War.

What about adding Light Horsemen as per the Australian Lighthorse Unit in WW1? It is a significant piece of OZ military history.

Yes, there's historical significance there, but not as much significance as the Anzac. Again, the Anzacs fought in many wars. WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, just to name four of them.

I have two previews of the Barton leaderhead I came up with. Ancient and medieval.

The Ancient era...

Attachments

• barton ancient era.jpg
    barton ancient era.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 923
Just got a modern leaderhead done. Attached is a preview.

Attachments

• barton modern era.jpg
    barton modern era.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 838
Mate I just wanted to say what an excellent concept your Aussie mod is.

I just joined this site today in the hope to find something like your work.

Excellent choices: Scientific, Industrious.

As an expat I can tell you people overseas have no comparable work ethic (well in europe anyway) or efficiency, and that good old Aussie ingenuity coming through as well.

Anzac, great choice with the all terrain as road.

I can't believe I was thinking about these exact same parameters for an Australian mod.

Love your work.

oh yea,wat kinda government would yous have us as?Democracy,Republic or Monarch?

Originally posted by maty-69
oh yea,wat kinda government would yous have us as?Democracy,Republic or Monarch?

Favourite Government: Democracy
Shunned Government: Despotism

Top Bottom