AW Shucks

But SGOTM is coming soon again. :p And it seems Tachy auto-upped herself some weeks ago...

I'm kind of wondering if this game should be retired. We lost momentum several weeks ago.

That's the reason i asked for a bump :p
If anyone want to take a set, let's continue with anyone interested :)
SGOTM did not started yet :)

I took over the thread and I went for ~15 turns. I decided to change plans given Qin has Combustion. I also went combustion and the good with that path is Steam Power and levees. In 15 turns, lots have happened, especially economy-wise. I passed from -700 GPT of maintenance to -200 and less with wealth in most cities. Now I got a GArtist and I launched a GA, which automatically brought me to +10 per turn. And I get early renaissance techs at a rate of 1-2 turns. I now beeline Assembly line for more production (because that overwhelms the food need by a lot and I just realized that) and I am starting to get problems from gigantic Qin. He managed to invade two of my soutern cities (northern area was blocked by units and that is why you saw those strangely placed axemen and cats).

Now, I may beeline Rifling instead because Qin seems to mass produce cavalries.

We have +2000 gold in bank and we should upgrade some frigates in the Atlantic side to fend off the germans and english.

After all, perhaps space is very feasible. If Qin didn't exist, the game would've been much easier.

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-1842 - Stopping Point.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 172
I vote to go rifling too.
thoses chineese boat seems scary :o
but not for long :)

south est america is very vulnerrable to attack because it cannot be reinforced easiliy. I had the same problem in my try game (ages ago)

maybe we should switch to draft party to help for defence (especially with rifling). I made the try and the economy did not change at all thanks to barrack giving 2 :) and thus produce more money by wealth.
and we also should built more machine gun :ar15: and more boats

Who want to play next set?

OK, I'm discouraged about this one. I played two more turns and for some reason, we got some religion that happens to be the AP one!
Don't know if we're gonna lose given the AP problems, but I am starting to discourage given Qin's super strength.

If Qin wanted to go fission, he certainly could.
:(

Hey, I just went a different early path with the greatest strategy evaaa: Reload.

I tried to pop BW, I reloaded when I saw I missed a juicy lion and when I reloaded for attacking amphibiously, I won at 22% lol. Then I reloaded when I sneaked by Monty for his capital, I see I missed a worker without any cost. Then I reloaded when I attack Monty's second when I saw crap like 6 Q's losing to 2 archers and a warrior. Later I saw the same crap with 8 Q's. I said back off bad luck and I tried again I won decently and as it should be expected.
Now, I saw the same crap from Roosy's cap. Reload. Just enough.

Got free SH, and I built Oracle-->CoL. (A religion finally!)
And my interest went with that amount of reload. Sniff.

Someone playing with a decent amount of chance can get as far as this and this is a strong from which one can wonderspam or do anything crazy to tech fast.

In our first true non cheat attempt, possibly the long term strategy was bad. Because when we think about it +2300 by 1830 AD is really not extraordinary with an empire covering all america.

Attachments

• Huayna Capac BC-0675 - Cheat Strategy!.CivBeyondSwordSave
    289.8 KB · Views: 180
Ok folks. I've won the map most certainly.
I got 2 religions (christianity (thanks to SH GProphet) and Confu and potentially more) and the Parthenon. I guess the Music route's gonna be easy, thus Sistine Chapel a given. Therefore, culture victory by 1600 AD should be possible. I guess that would be a win.

Lurkers comment

Spoiler :
I still think the game is winnable. Qin does not rush techs as fast as a human would so I think it is possible to catch up.

Top Bottom