AW Shucks

He's back!!

Iirc we're kind of growing cities and building cash to fund research. After steel we were thinking about heading towards rifling. We could probably do with a few more frigates and maybe a couple of cannon for the stacks that sneak through.

Ok, I just played up to steel and ...

Spoiler :

We are dealing with at worse 21 units. We don't have anything resembling a mobile stack in SA...

TBH I do think we are doomed :( I eagerly wait for suggestions, but I don't see a way of not losing a lot of SA just for what is coming now, even more if there is a chinese fleet coming in some turns from the other side.

Lurker comment:

Don't panic! Appears you will get 2 shots at Asoka's ships with those Frigs, and have good chances to reduce that to 18 or 15. And the AI will often bring too little siege and wait for full bombardment; whipping Walls in Recife won't save the city but could well buy a couple crucial turns.

Depends what's on the boats and where they go, but I think there is a reasonable chance to come out of this losing Recife and one other weak eastern SA city...not good but not doomed either.

told it for 2 set to build more units in the south. Why build wealth when we need to build units...

Nation will not help us that mutch as cities are very small in this area and cost us 2 turns of revolution.
We have 0 shot at cyrus 3 galleons and 2 fregate +1 galleon against asoka next turn.

whip is our only hope with wall maybe on a choke point if they don't have any gunpowder units (i expect knight + trebuchet)

I thought it would start to liven up. It'll take some turns to move north east units to south east. North east cities could consider going dockyard>frigates, move north atlantic frigates down south.

*slam the table*

We're not gonna lose to these weaklings! I, Huayna C. decides so. :borg:

Start moving some of our north american muskets south, Mexico City to spam cannon, whip frigates where possible in south america. We have enough cities that losing a couple is not game breaking.

From a reliable source I can affirm that Rolo is completely swamped in work and currently has no time to play the game :( :p

Sorry, I think it is better for me to pass this turn . I am completely overbooked until 2013 ( unless the world ends tomorrow :p ) and thus I can't promise to play the game until then :(

Thanks for the reply.

Unless the world ends tomorrow (depending on whether there's civ in the next phase of creation) Tachywaxon is UP if he/she has had enough of abusing people over in S&T. There's a save somewhere.

Go Tachy go!

Show us lesser mortals how to play civ (and stun the lurkers who are gathered like a festival crowd at the coliseum baying for blood :thumbsdown:)

Pretty late, so I resume:

I mass whipped Frigates because I knew those were the most important defensive barrier against AI's armies. Imagine the armies sunk with a couple frigates. I killed over 100 soldiers by 13 turns.

And over the Atlantic Ocean, indeed, it is easy to control the sea. From the Pacific Ocean, only Qin is threatening, but I already sunk two of his armies.

A bunch of screenshots:

Spoiler :

I would recommend to gun for Biology now and perhaps Rifling then. Or better, Combustion and we are assured to be in peace for the rest of the game. Anyways, we need biology and a couple of economic techs to finalize our economy and then own those AI's.

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-1760 - Mass sunking Era - Communism in!.CivBeyondSwordSave
    954.7 KB · Views: 151
Lurker's comment
Looks like you might even be able to make it ! Impressve number of frigates Btw, Tachywaxon.
On an other note, I di not have CIV here so cannot check, but is there a way you could, with missiles/spies/aircrafts or whatever other necessary mean, put the AI in a permanent state of not having oil and uranium? If so, you would not fear any more invasion I guess, having only wooden ships coming at you :)

unless any previous skipper want to take the set, I'll take it.

Will look the save pretty soon and will propose something not long after (I just have to stop far cry 3 for it :p )

Top Bottom