Aw2 Pbem

I'm going to bump this towards the top before it falls off the list. This game is going great now with some good naval battles. Thanks again to LouLong for setting this game up for us.

After more than a year this game has finally come to a close. Unfortunately RJ wasn't able to finish it but Tom Fisher was able to step up and fill in for him. This was a back-n-forth game. From my perspective:
-Me (England) and Rome spent too much time and resources on each other in the early parts of the game which allowed the Dutch to grow.
-Then me and Rome left each other alone for a while and fought back the Dutch.
-Then it seemed like both Rome and the Dutch were ganging up on me.
-Then Rome left me alone and fought back the Dutch, while I left Rome alone and fought back the Dutch.
-Then I was finally able to land on Roman lands while I saw the Dutch were attacking them from the North.
-Then I was finally able to land on Dutch main land after some serious nuking.
-Dutch had the largest Navy for the first part of the game until I got Man-o-Wars which allowed me to rule the seas. That didn't last long because Dutch ironclads killed most of them. Dutch won the race to destroyers/battleships but didn't protect them and after building up a massive fleet of bombers I was able to sink the ones close to shore.
-Colonizing the islands definitely went to the Dutch. They had a huge score lead over me and the Dutch for most of the game.
-Bombers are key to destroying the enemy if they don't have anti-air protection.

The game finally ended when Rome was reduced to a few cities on an island and the Dutch lost most of the core cities after I nuked them and landed with modern armor. If the Dutch could have held out for a while longer they might have won the game with score at the end of the game. There were about 100 turns left in the game but I would have been able to launch the spaceship about 20 turns before the end of the game. Long game but very fun. Thanks guys for playing.

Top Bottom