Baba Yetu Live Performance

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
"Baba Yetu" is a very memorable song and if you ever wondered how it would sound when performed live by a symphony orchestra, you can check out these videos (Video 1 Video 2) on YouTube. They were recorded during Video Games Live show at the Hammersmith Apollo in London back in late November. Thanks to mutax2003 for posting about it.

Video Games Live is a concert event that features music from popular video games. Its latest tour was at Edmonton, Canada and you can read a report about it on Edmonton Journal's website. You may also want to check out these Behind The Scenes videos about the show at GameTrailers.com.

>> Video Games Live Tour Dates
>> Lyrics for Baba Yetu

Actually the only reason I hate playing Warlords is because I have to listen to that song each time I set up a game or flip through the Civlopedia. Baba Yetu is far superior, and I wish I could switch it over to Warlords.

This live version is not too bad at all!

I prefer the Warlords song tenfold.

I wanna see that live instead, :)

Ya me to. In fact, if you look closly, It seems they used footage from Warlords opening song to fill in for time for the lengthyness of 'Baba yet''s redone musical monologue

Actually the only reason I hate playing Warlords is because I have to listen to that song each time I set up a game or flip through the Civlopedia. Baba Yetu is far superior, and I wish I could switch it over to Warlords.

I think it is possibile to replace the theme from Warlords with Baba Yetu. Both songs are in mp3 format. Probably you can copy the opening song from the vanilla version to the warlords folder. Maybe you have to rename the file before it works. Haven't tried it for myself, but i think it is possible.

And I like Baba Yetu alot more.. :)

Wow, I really like the Baba Yetu title song, but to be honest, this performance is in my opinion quite bad. Maybe, it's the sound recording system, but I don't think so. The lead singer is a bit late at some points in the song and some sections from the lead singer just sound as if he doesn't hit the right tone or something. A pity that this nice song is performed that poorly (in my opinion).

Oh, and about the video: they seem to have added some wonder videos too. You can recognize the great wall wonder video quite well if you pay attention.

Its not exactly a great performance, but it is still nice to see a live version

I might even go to the one in San Francisco

I love Baba Yetu. If I'll get Warlords, this will be my first change. I listened to the opening track in Warlords, and I can't believe they changed Baba Yetu for that!

Edit (after watching the videos): But who is that soloist? :vomit: Especially the beginning was awful...

I prefer the Warlords song tenfold.

I wanna see that live instead, :)

I prefer the Warlords song hundredfold! ;)

God Baba Yetu is just such an annoying horrible song its not true - its easily the most annoying thing of vanilla Civ 4 and one of the great things about Warlords is that you dont have to listen to that racket when you load Civ up! :D (Sometimes I forgot to mute the sound....)

Baba Yetu - its so bloody nice....makes me want to throw a chair through the speakers! :)

This is not designed to start a flame war etc - I really really HATE Baba Yetu!

I like the other song, the one in the vanilla intro, more. (Haven't heard Warlords...)

Sound quality might appear more bad than it really is. It seems that this was taken on a cell phone camera and that would explain the poor sound quality alot.

That was awesome, so cool seeing a live orchestra sing it!! :goodjob: A great song no doubt.

Too bad the videos are of such poor quality. It hurts to listen.

Top Bottom