Babes resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whomp

Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator
I'll open this thread for discussing our resignation from the game. I think it's worthwhile discussing how the game will proceed without us in the game because things look pretty dim for our team continuing on. We've been in discussions with the admins and from what has been discussed I'd presume we will abandon the game. Until we get a definitive answer from the admins we will not discuss why.

Some of the things that should be discussed includes what should happen to our island.

:eek:

Can I ask why the resignation? Surely there must be at least one BABE player willing to play on for the sake of sportsmanship/not ruining the game! I mean, we've got 117 turns invested so far.

I've got to believe there's some kind of explanation for this. If not getting Aug-1 confused with April-1 … then what?

As of right now there's two players willing to continue on and one based on a contingency.

We'll give a full explaination or play on once the admins tell us how they'd like to proceed.

I missed this…
Whomp said:
Until we get a definitive answer from the admins we will not discuss why.
Sorry. :blush:

I guess I'll just wait patiently.

If we have to play on without you (I certainly hope not) – our options would seem to be:
A) Declare the BABE homeland to be off limits to any colonization.
B) Turn it over to the AI (bad idea, if even possible, imo)
C) Have an Admin just click "end turn" every time the save goes to BABE till their units and cities are all eliminated.
D) Have an Admin raise every town and disband every unit on the next save, and then declare open season on the land.

Best option, in my opinion, would be D. Would make for an interesting battleground.

I agree that option D would be the best option though the game engine won't allow you to abandon your capital. There may need to be a moratorium on settling the island until everyone's prepared for this.

I think it's premature to discuss what will happen after BABE is abandoned until it actually happens.

Can you not just select "Retire" in-game, which will effectively raze all your cities and eliminate you form the earth (like in SP)?

There's no way I'm hitting ENTER for all of your turns.

Until we get a definitive answer from the admins we will not discuss why.
As you've seen in your forum, I've given you some options. I'm not sure exactly what it is you want RM and I to do? Approve your wish to retire?

Will possibly repost later.

Can you not just select "Retire" in-game, which will effectively raze all your cities and eliminate you form the earth (like in SP)?

There's no way I'm hitting ENTER for all of your turns.
I'll check on a old save because I'm not sure.

Ginger_Ale said:
As you've seen in your forum, I've given you some options. I'm not sure exactly what it is you want RM and I to do? Approve your wish to retire?
OK well if it's RM's decision we're basing this on then retiring seems to be what the majority have voted.

I'll open this thread for discussing our resignation from the game. I think it's worthwhile discussing how the game will proceed without us in the game because things look pretty dim for our team continuing on.
Ouch! :( :eek:

I expected the game to go from 5 to 4 by elimination, not by resignation.

:(

Will any of Team BABE be refugees? (It doesn't seem likely, but you never know.)

It seems we can retire by clicking "end this nightmare" as it says.

Will any of Team BABE be refugees? (It doesn't seem likely, but you never know.)
I would say it's very unlikely many would continue on though I can't speak for everyone. I will say I most definitely would not.

I guess they think they are. :confused:

Can't wait to hear if the retire thing is an option. Though that seems rough to vote to retire if someone on the team really wants to play on.

Team BABE built the Great Lighthouse.

If they resign, it is destroyed?

(The simple answer seems to be 'Yes', but very few things in this game are as simple as they seem.)

Yes. This makes the entire game worthless though. Team babe is acting like spoiled kids. (Except for whomp because he seems to be upset about it.

This is simply ridiculous. I can't even picture a single reason why a team would resign the game and ruin the game experience for everyone. Think you are losing (hard as that is to believe)? So what! For the sake of sportsmanship I would expect you to play on and do your bloody best even if you had been reduced to a OCC on a one-tile island! If there is nothing more behind this, then you are indeed acting like spoiled children. There are no excuses for this. None.

So – since we seem to have a decision… :sad: … can someone tell me what happened?!?

From where I sit, BABE was winning (or at least had the best odds for it) – Mounted Warriors, the Great Lighthouse on a water map, Skilled team members, Agri trait for a quick start, Commercial trait to support a far-flung empire, a head start on grabbing small island colonies…
I mean I love my team, but I’d have switched every other aspect of this game with team BABE! (even if they wiley Chamnix & crew was giving my invasion dreams heartburn)

I imagine the reason for resigning *must* be something other than in-game position?

Any help?

Yes. This makes the entire game worthless though. Team babe is acting like spoiled kids. (Except for whomp because he seems to be upset about it.

It is often wise to wait with namecalling until you have all the facts... ;) I am sure you too will be as annoyed as our team is when the facts are fully disclosed. Telling too much early might be percieved as a game spoiler and we do not want that, but I hope you will not percieve us as "spoiled kids" when you too are aware of what we have come to realize about the game. The main thing that annoys us right now is that we have already invested so much time in the game and just cannot see ourselves investing manyfold that time on a game prior to any action in game. Hitting return for another year is not our perception of fun and putting a value on how we spend our time I would say is a pretty adult reaction.

I try and try very hard to rummage through my head for any explanation for this that would not show you as spoiled children. So far I haven't found a single one.

Even if your enthusiasm for the game isn't what it has been, I would definitely expect you to play on regardless, and do your very best about it, for everyone else's sake! Yes, valuing one's time is an adult reaction. But you knew very well when you signed up for this game what kind of time it would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom