Back to Back

Alright the initial turns have been played. Can't wait to see how things turn out.

That reminds me, the demographics and the graph, they show player stats not team stats right?

To my knowledge yes.

Good Q. Enlighten us, REM. :scan:

Frankly, i didn't even know 1 could buy pop with advanced gold. :confused:

You need to read the demographics. Someone has 1000 pop only, which is a size 1 city. You can work out a lot about what is happening from them if you get used to reading them!

What about city- and unitgifting in this game?
For example i am EXP,IND and my ally is IMP,PHI
-he can gift citys to me for 1 pop whip granaries, and cheap forges and then i gift back
-i can build wonders for his phi trait
-i pump his workers, he pumps my settlers
-i build pyramids, run representation, he pumps GP and gifts to me

Its like both playing with 4 treats if we allow this.
I think we shall forbid both unit gifting and citygifting totally.
Whats your opinion?

I think we shall forbid both unit gifting and citygifting totally.

I see no problem with unit gifting except for possible double movement shenanigans.

I propose that citygifting should only be forbidden after the first turn of a city's existence, so you can still found cities for your partner.

Regarding unit gifting I suggest that gifting is to be treated as an action that costs a movement point, so when you gift a unit it has to spend a turn doing nothing either right before or right after it has been gifted.

I see no problem with unit gifting except for possible double movement shenanigans.

I propose that citygifting should only be forbidden after the first turn of a city's existence, so you can still found cities for your partner.

Regarding unit gifting I suggest that gifting is to be treated as an action that costs a movement point, so when you gift a unit it has to spend a turn doing nothing either right before or right after it has been gifted.

Good solutions, I agree with this

I think it would be better if city gifting was a complete no. There is no need to gift cities - you can gift the settler after all. Only exception I feel should be captured cities should be able to be gifted?

Also bare in mind if the second player gifts units to the first player in the queue then they shouldn't need to suffer any movement penalty surely? They moved in the previous game turn and then they should be able to move again as it is the games next turn?

Happy to go with a majority decision on either though

My vote is absolutely no city gifting, the movement penalty sounds fine to me.

Settler gifting = yes. :thumbsup:
City gifting = no. :thumbsdown:

Rock-&-roll this game = yes. :dance:
Sit & chat = no. :sleep:

Double moves = rather unrealistic, but unlike city gifting, it's unenforceable.
"Honor system"? That will work when everyone agrees not to drive over the speed limit. :dubious:

Top Bottom