Back to Back

Hm-m-m. Ignorance or honesty aye?

I will follow ImpK's suggestion/method in future.

As for this contest, i'll slog along for awhile given others' seeming lack of concern.
However, the pace has been really slow & i was thinking of finding a replacement prior to expose`.

Of course i emailed teamate prior to "blabbing" here. Then i discovered how we all were exposed in the opening round & thot it needed airing with all (& a restart).

Onward thru the (raised) fog.

If it makes you, and anyone else, feel better I have not, nor do I plan to, looked at anyone else's save file. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if the only person who did was Kenwyn. If you are really concerned about people cheating like that and the speed of the game, then maybe a pitboss game would be more to your taste?

There is a lot of trust that goes into a Pbem game. For example; I, or an admin, can look at ANY save game if they wanted to. So if people here really were the type that couldn't be trusted, this community would fall apart.

I second Osbiaths thoughts on the subject.

Given the long nature of the pbem games I trust the players that they want to play a fair game and wont look at others saves.
Main reason I didn't set a PW was so that my teammate could access the save should I go AWOL as I hate to see a game die just because one save cant be opened.

Yeah I'm not too bothered, although my teammate might want a restart given his land! We are early enough in for one I suppose. Starting locations aren't that useful as we still won't know where each other are etc. only issue might be early stone/marble for early wonders, but that is hardly game breaking. There are ind leaders out there too. Or perhaps city locations if you're planning a rush but again not exactly hard to work out or going to be majorly important.

Best to delete them now if possible though, and I will stand by my teammate if he wants a restart, but I'm pretty sure we will just play on unbothered.

Yeah I'm not too bothered, although my teammate might want a restart given his land! We are early enough in for one I suppose. Starting locations aren't that useful as we still won't know where each other are etc. only issue might be early stone/marble for early wonders, but that is hardly game breaking. There are ind leaders out there too. Or perhaps city locations if you're planning a rush but again not exactly hard to work out or going to be majorly important.

Best to delete them now if possible though, and I will stand by my teammate if he wants a restart, but I'm pretty sure we will just play on unbothered.

We can put it through a vote to see if people want to restart the game, I'd vote no; but if enough people want to we will.

How could we delete the saves?

The majority has spoken. Just gps'd to REM.

An excellent idea & Q? As a fellow game guide, it would be good to know.
It would have to be thru the Tracker admin. Have U asked them yet?

Meanwhile for this game it mite be fairest to leave as is, so everyone can see initial positions if they choose?
Since i & others have seen at least 1 other team's starting positions. That would put the game in the catagory of an Earth-based scenerio/mod.
We all know generally which other civs are involved & alittle about their immediate surroundings (X2 of course, since it is teams).
But we still don't know where on this large planet we & they are. Thots? Comments?

I like ImpK's idea best of all: start games the "old fashioned" way... via private email. :goodjob:

I don't really see the point of deleting the saves, since whoever wanted to look at them has already done so while the others won't care to.

Edit: I'm also a little annoyed that you are accusing others of cheating with no proof other than people had the option to.

Since i & others have seen at least 1 other team's starting positions. That would put the game in the catagory of an Earth-based scenerio/mod.

Oh KenWyn, you so hypocritical. :lol:

We all play & learn. Certainly more entertaining & challenging than playing AI.

What's hypo got to do with it? :cringe:

This is my first PBEM game so i wonder:
-what is actually Ok to do in a PBEM?
-Shall we let all be allowed to look at starting positions because kenwyn already has?
-Is it OK to replay turn to explore different areas with same unit by walk one direction and reload and walk another?
-Is it OK to try different combatoptions and reload if it goes bad?
-Is it Ok to retire from the game to see replay and the whole map? (probably not)

So what rules do u play with? I can honestly say I have not used any of this and I wont if all promise the same.

What's hypo got to do with it? :cringe:

>complains about how people could exploit the fact that their initial saves are freely available on the Tracker and demands something be done about it dammit
>opens someone else's 4000BC save himself
>is confused when I call him out as hypocrite

This is my first PBEM game so i wonder:
-what is actually Ok to do in a PBEM?
-Shall we let all be allowed to look at starting positions because kenwyn already has?
-Is it OK to replay turn to explore different areas with same unit by walk one direction and reload and walk another?
-Is it OK to try different combatoptions and reload if it goes bad?
-Is it Ok to retire from the game to see replay and the whole map? (probably not)

So what rules do u play with? I can honestly say I have not used any of this and I wont if all promise the same.

-Whatever the majority of players is okay with.
-We are still discussing this. Personally I don't mind either way, and KenWyn's lack of trust for his fellow players will surely be his downfall in a team game anyway so I'm not too worried about him.
-NO! That is the quintessential example of what you are not allowed to do in a PBEM along with rerolling battles.
-u wot m8?
-This is getting more exploitive with every letter.

Regarding your last three questions:

Stone is gamebreaking if u get pyramids or not for rep for example. I think we shall not restart im happy with my start situation and most have probably discussed strategies and made plans around their starting location. Its also unfair if someone end up in the tundra on restart instead of their rich floodplainland. It feels most fair to keep going.

Imp.Knoedel: Think I got ur point:lol:

How things have changed since I left !

The only rule I go by is act in good faith.
In any case the advantage wouldn't be major so if people want free access to everyone's starting positions I'd be fine with that.

Do some of you have news from Nighthawk ? It's been 2 days now.

He's been pretty busy lately, but I'm sure he is gonna play his turn soon.

Sorry about my huge delay. Easter weekend, RL responsibilities, etc. I'm in too many games to be able to handle a 3 day vacation like this without getting backed up. My apologies to everyone, I hope my other fast turn speeds makes up for it!

Generally, this game has been pretty damn fast considering its 10 players, at least until my delay!

As for the rest - I agree with the consensus. PBEM is a game that can be exploited if you decide you want to be a cheater. It's fun because its a tight knit community and we generally are playing for fun, so there needs to be some level of trust. Yes, there will be moments where we get heated and get majorly angry, but at the end of the day its a game, and one of these days everyone will get lucky and win one! ;)

Top Bottom