Balance of Unique / Cultural Units

Andaman Pygmies - SVN 11526 - v42.1.BETA.7347 - 2022-12-13

Just a more expensive archer :
1671132037031.png

1671132065985.png

Relevant :
Some aren't much chop, but some of those UUs are really awesome. They could use some rebalancing to make sure they are almost always in some way superior to their contemporaries. I say 'in some way' because you have some units where their benefits are somewhat counter-intuitive in a good way, like the Pygmies, which appear to be intended to be a touch weaker than contemporaries but EXTREMELY quick to build so you can use them for a quick swarm. Great for defense.

Ah, yeah, 1 less Camouflage Spot... (and no ability to be upgraded to Neanderthal Trained Dogs).

BTW, the new forums support pasting pictures directly from the paste buffer !
Cool to hear, but I meant I'd need to start the GAME, loool.

once core units are reviewed and done devs will try to rebalance cultural units

Ah, but when will that happen ?

I'm going to try and rebalance some of them myself, basing myself on already existing units (if possible), so that changes to core units can then be easily propagated to Cultural Units.
Jomon Dogs are a weird exception of a WORSE Cultural unit. Usually Cultural units are either better than normal ones or are unique enough, so "balance" is mostly a matter of taste.

I'm going to try and rebalance some of them myself, basing myself on already existing units (if possible), so that changes to core units can then be easily propagated to Cultural Units.
You should get started with using our git repository and do what is called pull requests, i.e. suggested changes that the team can review and approve.

Unit review was mostly ready but I got caught up launching a biz. Still am but am at a critical point of growth and preparing for what is soon to be turning on a much bigger machine in terms of a team working at it rather than just me. Hoping I can then keep scaling effectively enough that I can start to find some time again soon... launches to orbit are a rough ride for a while ;)

Top Bottom