Barabarian Borders...?

w2w2w

Warlord
I find it funny that barbarians can tell you where their borders are but you cant trade with them. obviously if you go to a barbian plot there would be some farmer or something but to you arent they savages? as in you would just kick them out of that tile?

I dont know post your comments on what you always thought

I think that their city would represent an independent group of people who are unwilling to trade with you as a state. Cities in Civ present a huge area, and cottages represent small towns located around the city. Like a current state with its capital and the rest of the cities in that state presenting cottages in Civ. Thus barbarian citizens located in their borders may trade with outside cultures, however the barbarian capital or Warlord (who rules that barbarian city) has no official trading or relations with outside Civs. And as you play Civ as a Absolute Ruler of one civ, you would only deal as a state.

A question about barbs. Are they just one nation or is every city a different nation?

A question about barbs. Are they just one nation or is every city a different nation?

They are one nation, and does not fight between themselves if thats what you mean.

They're also allied with all the beasts in the early game, Wolves, Bears, Panthers and Lions all obey the same barbarian warlord :king:

Every other, other game I like to go into WB and make a new island overseas. I build some good land, resources and barb cities. I give them a bunch of necessary techs, workers and pre-improve some land for them. Also give the cities a religion once the first has been founded.

I like to go back after Astro or whenever I can be bothered to check out how they've faired. I've found they build a lot of longbows or whichever defensive unit they have the tech for.

usually they're pretty powerful and often never get conquered by other AI. I always leave them be.

I posted this recently in another thread, so apologies if you read it twice, but I think it's actually more relevant to this thread:

In my first ever game of Civ IV, a barbarian city on a remote island built the Colossus, so barbarians don't just build units and attack people. (Though this might have been changed with Warlords or BTS.)

In my first ever game of Civ IV, a barbarian city on a remote island built the Colossus, so barbarians don't just build units and attack people. (Though this might have been changed with Warlords or BTS.)

I'm pretty sure it has. I've never seen a Barbarian city build any Wonder since Getting BtS. I used to see it the odd time in vanilla though.

It certainly is amusing that the beasts are loyal to the Barbarian State.

personally, i believe the barbs should fight each other as much as we fight them. Afterall, they are supposed to represent those who live outside the 7 or however many civs you have in the game. Surely, in their little worlds they would hate each other as well?

Top Bottom