BarbarianCiv - Barbarian cities settle down into full civs

I'm trying to merge this with a different mod, should I keep the BarbarianCiv.ini separate from my mod's .ini, or should I delete the original .ini and rename BarbarianCiv.ini to the first one?

I'm trying to merge this with a different mod, should I keep the BarbarianCiv.ini separate from my mod's .ini, or should I delete the original .ini and rename BarbarianCiv.ini to the first one?

You can name it YOUR mods name as long as the CvModName and the CvPath are ALL the same.

Here's what MY ini looks like:

Spoiler :
[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Next War Advanced

; Description of Mod
Description = Next War Advanced v005 for Beyond the Sword

;--------------------------------------------------------
; All components below have been added by jdog5000

; Don't change this
; Only used for reporting to player when .ini file is not found
FoundConfig = True

; ------------------------------------------------------
[BarbarianCiv]

Enable = True

; Turn on Debug output
DebugMode = False

; Enable popup when Barbarian cities settle down
BarbSettlePopup = True

; Kill off some civs at the start of a game (needed for Python only version)
DoGameStartKill = False

; Fraction of civs to kill at game start if DoGameStartKill (needed for Python only version)
KillFraction = .3

; Radius inside which is considered a cities neighbor
CityRadius = 10

; Change odds of barb settling down
Modifier = 1.00

; Base odds of Military buildup
BaseMilitaryOdds = 0.5

; Former barbarians get all techs known by this fraction
BarbTechFrac = 0.60

; Increase techs that builder type barbs get
BuilderTechModifier = 1.00

; Allow barbs to settle as a minor civ
AllowMinor = False

; If a city has culture, spawn a new civ with same art style as highest culture player
BarbCivsByStyle = True

; A militaristic barb civ on its own island will declare war on the first civ it meets within this window of turns
MaxVikingStyleWindow = 30

; Enable barb civ settling do to culture in city
DoCultureCheck = True

Thx for asking.:p

Since the SDK source-code for 3.19 only exists in RevDCM (and is supposedly impossible to extract properly according to those who have tried) is there any possible way to get this thing updated so you don't have to kill off civs at the gamestart? I really don't like that part of it, because it seems to me that the player would have to use custom game every single time and decide how many civs he wants to have to fit the proper amount for the map. Say you play on a small map, you get five civs, does it kill off two of them then so you have to wait to see if the barbs spawn into other civs? I mean, that kinda sucks.

So basically I'm wondering if it is possible that you don't have civs killed off at game-start with this?

So basically I'm wondering if it is possible that you don't have civs killed off at game-start with this?

Yes, i also wonder about the same. Also, you think that you could make it so this is more like an option you can turn on and off?

That's a little beyond my pay-grade. But I'm sure it is possible, I figure anything that sounds remotely reasonable should be possible. I just don't know that anybody is going to do it.

I guess, this thing is just an artifact from Warlords.
I think, there you could not add a player, and had to revive an old one instead.

And where's the problem with just putting more civs as standard on your maps?

Nothing is wrong with that in and of itself, but things can become problematic with it:

1) What if you definitely want to play against specific civs, I don't think you can specify which civs will appear as barbarians and which ones won't.

2) Doesn't it effect where players start? If it randomly eats up certain civs, doesn't that mean some starting points will be much closer than others.

3) If this is in effect for every game it becomes a problem. If I release this as a mod I have to make sure everyone who downloads it remembers to play a custom game and put extra civs on?

Those are just some of the reasons I can think of that make this problematic.

Capo, you ever played the Legends of Revolution mod with the Barbarian Civ option on? Somehow they figured out a way to get rid of these problems and make new civs out of Barbarian Cities without remowing civs you personally have chosen. I don't know how, but they did indeed do it.

Capo, you ever played the Legends of Revolution mod with the Barbarian Civ option on? Somehow they figured out a way to get rid of these problems and make new civs out of Barbarian Cities without remowing civs you personally have chosen. I don't know how, but they did indeed do it.

Well, they probably use the SDK, with SDK you can do it without killing off civs.

Top Bottom