Bat 2.2 instalation help

comatosedragon

Emperor
Well, I decided to come back to to civ before civ v comes out, So I did a clean install of Civ IV gold and then BtS, patched to 3.19 and then went for BAT 2.2. This time, there is no executable file, so I got a little bit lost. I want the mod to be the default gameplay. I put the folder in the MODS folder of my games\BtS, and then changed the ini file, and the game wont load. Removing the line from the ini, the game loads without the mod. So, I cleaned up and tried installing into the BtS folder (and isn't there suposed to be a custom assets folder?), and still the game loads as normal, but the mod does not. Now I have been through this like 3 times before over the last couple of years, and always get it to work eventualy, but right now my brain is fried and any help would be appreciated.

Spoiler :
The BAT Mod 2.2 -- Official release notes, March 5, 2010

INSTALLATION

At the moment, BAT does not have an installer due to some technical difficulties. My bad, sorry.

In the absence of an installer, I have tried to keep the actual install process as painless as possible. There are two methods of using this release:

1. Installation as a mod:

-- All that is required for this option is to unzip the files into the BTS\Mods folder and load and play as a standard mod.

*** For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users: If you use the mod this way, you MUST run BTS as Administrator in order for this to work. BTS needs write access to the Mods directory during the game, and without admin privileges this will fail, and BAT will crash.

2. Installation into the standard, single user location:

-- Unzip the files into your Documents\My Games\BTS\MODS folder, so that you have a BAT Mod 2.2 folder under the MODS folder.
-- It isn't necessary to remove an older version of BAT (like 2.1), though it is a good idea to run the 2.1 uninstaller before putting in the new version. If you don't, it won't hurt anything, but you might wind up loading the wrong BAT by mistake, and then you won't be able to see all of the hard that work we did. :p

I know people are looking at this post and scoffing and saying "cant he read a readme file?" Well, the readme file is posted above, and following its instructions leads nowhere. Is there something I am missing?

(I wish to use the second option, making BAT standard)

It appears as if the game did not update to 3.19 (even after clicking the check for updates link on the main menu, and downloading the 165mb file). Will manually install and see if that solves problem . . .

Lemon Merchant is hard at work on a new BAT installer that will do all the setup for you. In the meantime, just unZIP it and then create a folder called UserSettings (it is missing from the ZIP) in the BAT Mod 2.2 folder. That should be it.

Thanks EF. That did it.

Top Bottom