Battle for Barsoom [John Carter]

well, how about the ai? and fast turns?

anyways - its not the dll thats has the problem - i use kmods, which is 100% stable even in multuplayer.

my problems are mostly in the xml, perhaps python as well (im getting an error here and there - got you mofs inside).
but mostly xml errors hidden inside.

platy help me! ?

If your mod does not have 1000 promotions, 2000 buildings and 3000 techs.
Turn time generally won't be a big issue anyway, unless you have a super big map.

Pie tried kmod before, and ai performed worse as it did not fit his mod.

Which is better, a stable mod with reasonable ai, or buggy mod that crash every now and then?

hey,

all my mods have a theme - more is less - i dont like tons of things, not at all, moderate stuff.
i have always kept that.

kmod is extremley stable and powerfull, i have played it also in multiplayer with no issues.

my mod does not crash every turn, sometimes it can run 800 turns without an problems - although for now around 300-400 turns - i get a hang on, and those are very hard to track.
now i have one.....

so, i need some help :)

Hope Platy can help, Keldath. I love where this game is going. Don't give up on Civ 4 modding. Once somebody helps, then you'll know for the future. Just like the game, there are frustrations until you get it figured out. Hang in there Keldath. Too much work to waste.
Myself, I have been trying FFH2 again, and had our wormhole thing happen to me at least 3 times so far. Went into a dungeon and got transported to the other end of the map. Exactly what we are looking for. I know you have more pressing issues for now, but the future is bright for Medallions of Barsoom (or some such rename if wormholes ever get added). You will get it eventually.

hey man, and barsoomians,

ive done some more game runs, after some petty fixes, the game runs, with an occasional crash, that is un repeatble after reload - also it only happened in autoai run.

so, im continueing the development, gonna bring 1.6 to a release state with good playbility, so people will help me catsh the remaining bugs.
i think the game is stable enough to play now.

i hope that by this weekend, ill get 1.6 up.

again, if there are those of you who want and can help - xml, art, balance, im desperate for your help, anything you can give me is a tresure for me.

thank you oksleeper and joseph :)

YES!

i found the reason for all the hang ons!

woohoo!

reason:

in my mod i use walkble mountains,
but what happens - when an ai unit, that can walk on peaks,
upgrades to a unit that cant walk on peaks?
bang ! ! !
an infinite loop and a hang on.
thus - adding to the unit <bcanwalkonpeaks>1<bcanwalkonpeaks
and the game runs forward :)

continuing the work.
new version will be up on Saturday , expect the best version yet.

YES, NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

ok,
added in a new unit class:
Patrons - they are only defensive units that are for city defense. 5 units across the tree.

wow i have over 10 hours of modding today....

this is a summery of what ive done:
1. added pedia for all civs
2. added 5 units to city defense
3. many unit attribute changes
4. added 6 art style units to tharks and torquas civs - the models are ors/troll based (cuase their are green primitive civc.. and thats the only closest art to it...)
5. changed some buttons.
6. added buttons, speed balance, unit upgrade tree changes and more.

tomorrow evening im uploading what i have, im happy with the current build.

Good news keldath, glad to see your not frustrated anymore.

I'm posting to tell you I won't have much feedback for you till middle of next week. Not going to be around the forum much for the next few days as I got some projects that are going to be cutting down on my computer time till then.

Keep on keeping on, your do have supporters that appreciate your efforts. :goodjob: :D

JosEPh :)

hello, just started the 1.6 mod and noticed some oddities.

1. Your mars map is no longer available, I chose the arrakis map, and got a screen with no options on it that I had to click through a couple times.

2. The John Carter leader is no longer available for the Heleium and is doubled up in the Tharky Clan.

hey man,

1. the scenarios? via play scenario? might be cause of oublic map : 0 in the mods ini.

2. true - i decided to put carter only as the thark leader, they are doubled in attributes, different picture - in the future, ill add a second leader for each civ.

3. enjoy :) your mod is up next.

I just downloaded version 1.6 twice, both times when the installer tried to start I got an error message saying the integrity check of the installer program had failed, and that I should try downloading again or contacting the author.

ah yeah, I confused myself, becase i think in the previous version there were only scenario maps, so I went there.

Also I think you have a typo somewhere with FEATURE_SANDSTROM, I get the error when generating a large barsoom map.

Also another Enum tag error for FEATURE_BLIZZARD

Something also seems to be wrong with your fonts files, as you get no city bar icons, no unhappy, no unhealthy and no trade route icon..

Darn, i removed those features, just edit the scenario files of the maps with notepad or somethiNg, and replace the missings with feature_fallout.

The icons, are screwed, i know, ill patch it.

ill create a patch today for those things for proper play, not sure if ill have time thoguh.
meanwhile - u can fix it easly like i explained.

I got 1.6 D/L'd last night but have not had a chance to play yet. Busy day today, Labor day weekend here in the USA.

Catch you later.

JosEPh :)

hey guys,

i did a quick patch,
i didnt had time to mod today, but i got some stuff better in this patch.

tomorrow i will work on ,y friends lib spit tame the wastes mod.

there you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ibx8xt7vt1x78rs

guys,
it was reported that the mod has a rare hang on - its easily fixed:

1. get me save game before the hang on - autosave.
2. till i patch this is how you fix it:
a. go to the civ4unitinfo.xml file under barsoom/asstes/xml/units
b. look for a tag that sais peak <bCanMovePeak>0</bCanMovePeak>
c. one of the units in the game that can walk on peaks, gets upgraded to a unit that cannot go on peak , that causes the ai to get stuck,
you can use the world builder to remove/KILL civ with the wb, till you find the unit owner civ, (if the turn passes after removal), and locate the unit responsible,
or:
just add - <bCanMovePeak>1</bCanMovePeak> instead of <bCanMovePeak>0</bCanMovePeak> to the unit classes that are currently in your game.

but best thing is for you to give me a save game and ill fix it in for you.

i probably missed one unit that still causes the hang.

thank you oksleeper.

hey!

patch 1.6.2 is up:

https://www.mediafire.com/?yteczbvxy9b8yog

1. changes all the leaders attribute to be normal and not angry and war mongering.
2. added a lot of happiness bonuses - to techs and to bonuses, i hope that will raise the happy levels.
3. raised the money : lowered upkeep, more money from bonuses, less money for maintenance. more money from encampment villages.
4. tech costs better and building costs just a bit higher.
5. fixed 2 xml errors.
6. reduced the burrow powers a lot!
7. removed units move on mountains - it causes hang ons.

Top Bottom