Battle Worlds Kronos

TimeWeaver

Warlord
Hi!

Over at Kickstarter, there is a new game up: Battle Worlds - Kronos, which is a turnbased strategy game that looks promising.

Here's a snippet of their vision:
"The classic turn-based strategy – exciting, involved gaming that calls for long-term planning, clever tactics, transparent rules and tough decisions – is making a comeback. Many gamers may have seen and enjoyed recent examples of great turn-based gaming, but might not be aware of classics like Battle Isle or Advance Wars. Have you ever wondered what games of that calibre would look like today?

Well, we did. And as a result, we decided to bring back this great genre with its unique gameplay experience. For ourselves, for you and for all other gamers out there interested in turn-based strategy."

And a link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/battle-worlds-kronos-turn-based-strategy-revisited

I think it's nice that they are reviving a genre almost dead in the 21st century. :)

What do you guys think?

i ve immediatly backed it and i m usually somewhat greedy when it comes to kickstarter: there s about 15 projects i m interested int but only 3 i backed (now 4).

Battle Isle / History Line were great TBS games and this kickstarter project has it all:

-good presentation and there s not only screenshots but even gameplay footage!

-reasonable budget ( they are providing 2/3s i.e. 240.000 $ themselves while asking for 1/3 i.e. 120.000 $ ... though i guess they -and me too- hope for more funding above the goal )

-proven developer that RECENTLY made good games (though it s been adventures so different genre).

considering that others (including some i backed :p) get millions for artworks, their name in the credits of 10y+ old games and lots of promises its a shame Battle Worlds isnt at 400% funding on first day .... but on the other hand only german gaming media so far talked about it. i know they sent info to rockpapershotgun & co. but so far nothing (which is kinda weird, considering they dont have any big news in the last 2 days .... ). hopefully that changes soon, i want this kickstarter not only to suceed but get at least 300% + funding :king:

Where is my ADVANCED WARS ???

Okay, I thought I had to open a new thread for this - but obviously, this forum is informed about everything...

Anyway, this game looks so promising! I never pledged in a kickstarter before. For this game, I made an exception. And: they are only $ 3000.- away from their next goal (an iPad-version for free) and 20 hours to go. (360.000.- and an expansion for free is out of reach, I am afraid.)

Winter is coming (not so soon I hope, but still inevitable) - and with it, a great gaming experience.

I like how the graphics don't look overwhelming while still looking good. I think I will pick this game up once it goes on sale (after reading reviews first). I also like how the game first two major selling points involve single player, then talks about multiplayer, followed by AI. Asynchronous mode is a big draw for me since I usually don't have time to sit down and play real time with people, and I guess if you're playing with a group of friends you know, there isn't that much an issue of Random McStranger never sending orders again.

Unfortunately, it looks like the $360k goal is out of reach, but maybe if sales are decent they'll release it as an expansion.

Top Bottom