Beefin up Octopus Overlords

Xienwolf made "Worker Mod," and Veham borrowed it for Fall Further. Xienwolf also included it in his XML Cleanup & Expansion Modcomp, which will eventually be included in Fall Further and in my modmod.

Just to clarify, when you grant a promotion in xml-only spells it goes to every unit in the stack (excluding those not allowed by such tags as <bImmuneTeam>, <bImmuneNeutral>, <bImmuneEnemy>, <bImmuneFlying>, and <bImmuneNotAlive>) whose unitcombat is allowed to get the promotion. You will also have to make sure the promotion has
Code:
            <UnitCombats>
                <UnitCombat>
                    <UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_SLAVE</UnitCombatType>
                    <bUnitCombat>1</bUnitCombat>
                </UnitCombat>
            </UnitCombats>
, the same way as if they were to purchase the promotion normally. The promotion will also need a prereq like TECH_NEVER to stop you from actually purchasing it.

Actually, you can grant promotions to units without unitcombat using an xml only spell, but that would change the way it works. Spells that only effect the caster (<bBuffCasterOnly>1) ignore what the caster's unitcombat is. If you'd rather Slavedrive be a spell that the player casts with the slave (it would be very simple to use <UnitClassPrereq>UNITCLASS_SLAVE</UnitClassPrereq> and <StateReligionPrereq>RELIGION_OCTOPUS_OVERLORDS</StateReligionPrereq> as the spells only prereqs) then you can forgo making a new unitcombat.

In Worker Mod and FF workers, slaves, and settlers (xienwolf's workers can upgrade to settlers) have unitcombat_worker, but in mine I have unitcombat_civilian, which also includes great people and will include corperatio executives (borrowed from Orbi modmod). Those probably shouldn't be allowed to be whipped to death, so I guess I'll have to split Civilian and Slaves into different but essentially identical unitcomabats (or use python)

I think I WILL incorporate that. Thank you very much, Magister.

As a new fan of the Cthulhu mythos, I think there's a huge potential for OO heroes, etc. from the mythos... For example:

Shub-Niggurath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shub-Niggurath)
-I'm thinking an Avatar character... Or,

Spawn of Sub-Niggurath
-She has a thousand children, so... You go figure.
Spoiler :
-"The Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath are horrifying, pitch-black monstrosities, seemingly made of ropy tentacles. They stand as tall as a tree (perhaps between twelve and twenty feet tall) on a pair of stumpy, hooved legs. A mass of tentacles protrudes from their trunks where a head would normally be, and puckered maws, dripping green goo, cover their flanks. The monsters roughly resemble trees in silhouette — the trunks being the short legs and the tops of the trees represented by the ropy, branching bodies. The whole mass of these things smells like an open grave. They usually dwell in woodlands wherever Shub-Niggurath's cult is active.

The Dark Young are usually called upon to preside over cult ceremonies. One means for summoning them is found in the Book of Eibon and requires a blood offering. The ritual may only be performed in the deep of the woodlands at the darkest of the moon, and the victim must be sacrificed over a stone altar.

Dark young act as proxies for Shub-Niggurath in the accepting of sacrifices and the worship of cultists, in the devouring of non-cultists, and in the spreading of their mother's faith across the world."

The Deep Ones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_One)
-They're included in the Holy Warriors module, but I think they could be modified... And the whole "mating" thing explored a little more...

These are all just ideas... But I love the OO religion. And it deserves to at least be even with those barbaric Veil creeps.

Top Bottom