Best cartoons

Kyriakos

Creator
Many years ago i used to watch an impressive number of cartoons. Some were in greek dubs (although there were greek children shows, there wasnt any animated show) others i watched in the pan-european channel which existed at the time, in english.

Here are a few:

Inhumanoids. This had to do with three monsters that lived in the center of the earth. It was one of the darkest american cartoons.

Link to video.

Silverhawks

It was basically Thundercats in space. The introduction had much better quality than the rest of the cartoon though.

Link to video.

Kabamaru/ninja boy

Well, this was really strange. A japanese cartoon, and you know that it would be full of themes of beauty vs uglyness and endless conflict between problematic characters.

Link to video.

I will post more later :) But as for you, why not post some of your own favourites from back when you were still children?

Link to video.

Link to video.

Bucky o' Hare taught me what righteous indignation meant, and the Real Ghostbusters, watching that video again, taught me that you can't be a happy-go-lucky ghost just walking down the street minding your own business without being slammed behind a 'no ghosts' sign. EQUALITY PEOPLE!

I hear Avatar: The Last Airbender is pretty good

I think there's one thing we can all agree on though - whatever shows that are on now for kids are way worse than the ones we saw when we were young ;)

Spoiler :
Also a huge fan of THE OHIO STATE ONE-FIFTY ORIGINAL Pokemon

The Animals of Farthing Wood and Les Mondes Engloutis are series I have good memories of. The first was dubbed into Norwegian, the second was in French with Norwegian subtitles. And Ducktales of course. In Swedish.

Chowder is a show about an obese child who devours anything in sight. He works as an apprentence in a food delivery buisiness. It's really funny, tbh. It's actually a new show with new episodes, but I still watch it. :p

Link to video.

Quoted for truth.

Hell I'd go as far to say it is the best television show of the last decade.

Yes, if you haven't seen Avatar you're missing out on the best animated series in the history of animated series. Well, imo anyways :p

This isn't a thread about cartoons until Spongebob is mentioned.

Link to video.

My favorite as a kid. I didn't understand it at all, but for some reason I enjoyed it. Thanks to youtube, you all now can too... :D

i dont know any of the mentioned.

ninja turtles, anyone? scooby doo?

I watched those too, Frank, but i was more into the darker stuff.

Although some of the japanese cartoons were too dark/messed up. Like "Locke or Superman". Yeah, the genius who included it in the children's tv hour should have been shot :)

I grew up with Thundercats, GI JOE (that pretty much was the first cartoon of the after school variety to actually be epic---having a story that spanned many episodes), and Robotech. A wee bit of Transformers and He-man too.

Samurai Jack definitely deserves a mention:

Link to video.

May be stretching the "when you were children" bit, given that it didn't start till I was 12, and I bought the DVDs last year. It is, however, many awesomes.

Skeleton Warriors was fun, and the intro is worth a watch just for Tony Jay's narration. It's basically Iron Maiden: The Animated Series, so... Yeah.

Link to video.

Batman: The Animated Series. Doesn't really need explained.

Link to video.

Gargoyles. Likewise.

Link to video.

X-Men was good times.

Link to video.

And then there's Conan the Adventurer, which was actually kind of crap, but has the most brilliantly overblown, swaggering, idiotically macho theme song that the 90s was able to produce.

Link to video.

And, yes, I know that being able to come up with half a dozen suggestions off the top of head is really very sad, but, well, there you go.

Top Bottom