Best Civ 5 Mods

Stiflex

Chieftain
These are the top 5 Best Mods Of Civilization 5: Brave New World, I've compiled my personal list of the mods I enjoy the most and I believe are worth the most attention, Check them out! These are all in my opinion the best civ 5 mods. There are many other civ 5 mods in the steam workshop page, a lot of them are not compatable with the brave new world expansion. Either way, I'd really recommend you try out these 5 mods, they're surely worth your time!

Link to video.

Links and downloads are in the videos description! :)

We've reached 50k video views on the video! Should I consider doing something similar to this, guys :D?

Interesting mods.

I like the Communitas ones (largely because of the random events that come up) and Civ Names by Policies which describes the type of nation you have based upon the social policies you've chosen. It's really good but not perfect (has some weird outcomes that aren't intuitive).

Unless you meant you were thinking of doing a 'top 5 IAAR/threads on Civfanatics'. :p

Interesting mods.

I like the Communitas ones (largely because of the random events that come up) and Civ Names by Policies which describes the type of nation you have based upon the social policies you've chosen. It's really good but not perfect (has some weird outcomes that aren't intuitive).

Unless you meant you were thinking of doing a 'top 5 IAAR/threads on Civfanatics'. :p

Yes! Those are great suggestions! I really love the civ names by policies one, I've actually played with it a lot, it adds a bit more aesthetic to the overall diplomacy look, I might in fact include it in a new video if I choose to do one.

In an IAAR I'm running at the moment (the Delphi one in my signature) we're using it to flavour the roleplaying aspect of it (e.g. China is ruled by a Despotess, the Shoshone is a republic run by two consuls, whereas Delphi is a kingdom, etc.).

As I said, it's not perfect because there are some truly bizarre outcomes but it's such an effective immersion tool I'm willing to ignore these shortcomings in-game. One of the best mods I've ever used.

In an IAAR I'm running at the moment (the Delphi one in my signature) we're using it to flavour the roleplaying aspect of it (e.g. China is ruled by a Despotess, the Shoshone is a republic run by two consuls, whereas Delphi is a kingdom, etc.).

As I said, it's not perfect because there are some truly bizarre outcomes but it's such an effective immersion tool I'm willing to ignore these shortcomings in-game. One of the best mods I've ever used.

I'm more interested in actuall in-game mods. (IAAR is a forum lp, basically, right?)

lp = let's play

I would not describe it as such.
It is much more roleplaying-based, with some (like Melda's) focused on politics or others (GaP) being much more about characters.
IAAR = Interactive After Action Report

A dedicated modding community has developed hundreds of additions to the game, some of which are almost necessities for experienced players. Below are just a few of the best Civ 5 Mods.

Lekmod is a blast both in MP and SP

A dedicated modding community has developed hundreds of additions to the game, some of which are almost necessities for experienced players. Below are just a few of the best Civ 5 Mods.

Lekmod is a blast both in MP and SP

I've been away from CivFanatics for a few years. I've downloaded Mods before, as I know we had to for some of the Deity Challenges a number of years back, but I simply can't figure out how to do it now.

I've been on a Mac exclusively for the past 8 years, but just bought a new MacBook Pro and am running Windows virtually on a VMWare remote system. I have completely forgotten how to navigate Windows based stuff.

I clicked on your link and was able to download the LEKMOD to DropBox and save it to my Civ5 Folder:

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 11.02.02 AM.png

I have no idea what to do next. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom