Best civ for me?

GirthosaurusFLX

Chieftain
I have all the DLCs
-**important** I'm a production whore, I do anything to increase production. If I'm not pumping out buildings, troops, wonders at excessive rates, I feel useless
-I usually play as Russia for their production/resources bonus
-I'm generally very peaceful unless another city has a resource I need. I only transition to militaristic when I've completely overshadowed the other civs.
-I build 4-7 cities, but immensely powerful ones, building every building and wonder possible
-I focus heavily on science, gold, and culture. I'm usually the most scientific civ in the game
-I usually invest in the Liberty, Commerce, and Rationalism trees
-I have no preference to Autocracy, Freedom or Order. Let me know which is best for my play style
-I find religion and being world leader important, but they're not major priorities for me

Let me know if you have any other suggestions or strategies for my play style. Thank you!

I think you've already found your best civ. Russia has the production boosts and Cossacks come late enough for your wars.

You might want to try a couple of early wars with Rome or maybe Hanse spam as Germany.

Any of the afore-mentioned civs are good. I would also give the Inca a try
"-I build 4-7 cities, but immensely powerful ones, building every building and wonder possible" --the terrace farm makes for supercities in the right locations, and the Inca can become an economic, science, and production powerhouse. An extremely versatile civ which sounds like your thing

The Atzec and India can get really nice production indirectly because of their ability to grow cities to extremely large size. Egypt also comes to mind with their wonder building bonusses...

You would probably like the Inca going by what you are saying. Their hill bias gives them good production and the made money from their UA while getting high populations or science from their UI.

You'd probably like going order most for an ideology.

What difficulty level (judging from your wonder building style I assume King or below)?

Persia can be a monster. Keep an eye on Happiness, grab Chitchen-Itza, adopt Freedom, build Taj Mahal and pop Great Artists for complete overkill. Enjoy almost constant +20% production, culture and boosted gold.

The Atzec and India can get really nice production indirectly because of their ability to grow cities to extremely large size. Egypt also comes to mind with their wonder building bonusses...

Both of those civs are best played tall, and the OP specifically stated more than 4 cities

Moderator Action: Please do not post the same question in multiple forums. Threads merged.

Both of those civs are best played tall, and the OP specifically stated more than 4 cities

Incorrect. India is played WIDE, it's 1/2 unhappiness from citizens makes happiness issues for your large empire laughably small, so all you 8+ cities may happily grow & your science will explode. Aztecs can e played very well wide, small, or warmonger there is no best way to play them. I'd recommend both to the OP.

Just seconding (thirding? fourthing?) Inca for the OP. Start Bias + Terrace Farms + Lower Costs = crazy production for cheap.

Incorrect. India is played WIDE, it's 1/2 unhappiness from citizens makes happiness issues for your large empire laughably small, so all you 8+ cities may happily grow & your science will explode. Aztecs can e played very well wide, small, or warmonger there is no best way to play them. I'd recommend both to the OP.
Incorrect. INDIA is played TALL. More population stuffed into less cities will give you more happiness with India than a lot of cities with medium pop.

Until size 6, Indian cities are unhappier than everybody elses but if you get over that, you're saving. Having 12 cities at size 8+ gives you a solid empire considerably happier than any other 12 city empire.

You're both incorrect. Any civ can be played any way you want them to be played, all you have to do is stop listening to people dictating pointless rules on otherwise fine forums such as this, and play the game the way you want to. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

:goodjob:
You're both incorrect. Any civ can be played any way you want them to be played, all you have to do is stop listening to people dictating pointless rules on otherwise fine forums such as this, and play the game the way you want to. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

True, but for maximum efficiency it is true that any Indian city over size 6 will be more happy, and happiness is rarely an issue for tall empires, so thats why India can actually play Wide very effectively.

Top Bottom