Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fascism

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Monarchy

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Republic

Votes: 50 45.9%

• Total voters
Because communism has forced labor so new towns i conquer are left with bad culture and no improvement for eternity. Not to mention that without culture they deflect like crazy. Communism sucks for me as does every forced labor government. And monarchy has large unit support and no real big corruption difference from democracy or republic.Only thing that counts is the commerce bonus but since there is no war wearness i spend usually no more than 10% on luxurities leaving more cash for research then under republic where i need the slider adjusted to 40 or 50% just because 1/3 of my population is on the rage because of the neverending wars. And i am at war cose the AI tends to keep sticking to democracy or republic so i make a World War at the very start even by paying the comps to fight each other. And on a pangea i have now whole 1000 years (800 AC now) with every country at war with someone. Its just so funny to look at theyr cities in the embassy - half city population is on the rage - and they never have We love ... day celebrated so my corruption is actually lower hahahh :) And since they are at war with eachother having one or maximum 2 allys they do not sell any tech to eachother leaving me to take all the salesman duty and sell both sides all the tech they and i discover, cose i did not have any allinaces any more (the 20 rounds looong passed) and am at war with only one at time till i kill him :) I have 1600 per turn only from selling tech to everyone.

I agree any forced labour government is of no real value in the bug picture. Being able to pay to rush build stuff i find is essential. So any government that can do that goes straight to the top of my list.

the thread title is 'Best Government', but the poll title is 'Fav Government'.
My favourite government is commie, all those corrupt cities far far away are no longer corrupt. And nice unit support, 6 per any settlement. So this makes it a very close 2nd (IMO) to republic, which as most people would agree is the best.

Why I love being a religous civ is that with a huge war monger empire you can afford to switch to monarchy for a few turns, rush all the essential improvemetns, and then switch back to communism. :D

Hah, funny just to mention all the comps now changed to communism to keep order in the cities - first time i see Greek communism :p only Russia sticks to Monarchy and England to Republic. War in last 1200 years now. And i dont even need to pay them to fight against eachother anymore - they are doing it themselves :p And im 2 tiers in tech in advance now thanks to theyr communism. Only problem now i cant sell my tech so well cose they cant pay that much now :( Selling brand new discovered corporation for 220 gp per turn sucks - and i have to research more techs myself now...

azzaman333 said:
the thread title is 'Best Government', but the poll title is 'Fav Government'.

Hadt really noticed that its all the same thing tho i would say as a rule the government people play the most is likely to be there fav and in there opinion the best one. This poll has not turned out to be the whitewash as expected tho alot closer. Still a clear winner but nothing near what was expected. Im still keeping with Democracey all the games i do best in im a democracey so for me it workd great not ever had a major issue with wars either just gotta keep those peeps happy which isnt a problem with all that extra income you get. Just a little more can really go a long way.

Its also a difficulty level issue because the higher levels give more unhappiness. Democracy maybe a lot better on lower levels i think while the MP capable governments may be better higher levels.

Im a Sid player myself and as a rule i would say whatever government you prefer the difficulty is going to make not a great difference. So early in the game your luxery slider is just that bit higher than normal on Sid but hey its not that long until its done to 10% and stays there for the rest of the game.
Besides Democracey coms in abit later in the game and early on i head in on the Republic.

Then maybe its just me or the fact that i play vanilla. Actually i am now about to finish the war wearness battling wonder and republic and democracy will be tried to see what happens.

Republic, then a switch to Commie if my empire is too big.

Top Bottom