Best opponent Vs King Shaka

Huns maybe. They have good, early warmonger units. Also Mongols are terrible in Medieval era.

A 1v1 with Shaka will never be a challenge. A single AI just doesn't stand a chance against Impi-Spam. I guess Harald could be a reasonable opponent though... if he manages to get to Berserkers before you overrun him that is.

A 1v1 with Shaka will never be a challenge. A single AI just doesn't stand a chance against Impi-Spam. I guess Harald could be a reasonable opponent though... if he manages to get to Berserkers before you overrun him that is.

!
harald seems to me the weakest mad warmonger of the frame

And again a warmonger?

If you don't want a warmonger, then what do you want? If you choose a peaceful and weak civ you are going to steamroll them.

I guess since you won't want to face a warmonger AI, then I guess Arabia or Poland might be a good choice to play against?

Huge map, add 3 civs make all civs shaka. Enjoy

I'm looking the best non warmonger dude then !

Looking for hard time with a civ taking advantage of what i don't get like the brutal force.
Well, if you had said that originally, folks wouldn't have mentioned warmonger AIs. ;)

So far as non-warmonger AIs to play against: If not Poland or Arabia, maybe Korea?

Warmonger Vs warmonger is it the best alchemy for a great challenge?

You have a chance to destroy Shaka in early game and if you want to defeat him, you have to go with an early warmonger faction such as Huns. Otherwise, if Shaka survive, then you have no chance.

I'd say best opponent for a challenging Shaka game would be China. The AI tends to go wide, builds papermakers in every city which propells them into a good economy. Then they use that economy to go agressive. Just what I've noticed. True there are more war mongery civs but I tend to find the ai doesnt play them very well. Atilla sometime doesnt rush until after battering rams, Genghis is good at attacking with only half keshiks and not moving them back after attacking, Harold is good at not strongly utilizing his bezerkers....just kind of uses a few in a mix. At least the AI uses archers in large quantities and Chinas can be pretty potent

You have a chance to destroy Shaka in early game and if you want to defeat him, you have to go with an early warmonger faction such as Huns. Otherwise, if Shaka survive, then you have no chance.

I think the OP is playing as Shaka.

I'd say best opponent for a challenging Shaka game would be China. The AI tends to go wide, builds papermakers in every city which propells them into a good economy. Then they use that economy to go agressive. Just what I've noticed. True there are more war mongery civs but I tend to find the ai doesnt play them very well. Atilla sometime doesnt rush until after battering rams, Genghis is good at attacking with only half keshiks and not moving them back after attacking, Harold is good at not strongly utilizing his bezerkers....just kind of uses a few in a mix. At least the AI uses archers in large quantities and Chinas can be pretty potent

Like it
China used to play selfish (my opinion) without asking too much for trade and relationcheap. So the isolated situation won't be a handicap in this setting.
And so true, AI doesn't deal propely with warmonging concepts.

If you want a challenge DOW your opponent on first sight. The AI will then do everything it can to thwart you rather than fall for any false DOFs etc. Civs that come to mind are Rome, The Huns, The Ottomans.

DOW on first sight ! I'll never dare to do that !
But should be great. A great war for ever... I'll think about...

For a non-warmonger civ: AI that get defensive bonuses and tech well can be challenging.

Ethiopia plays very defensively and can chew up armies if they do well. Especially if they score Great Wall which they prioritize. Celts also get a big bonus fighting in their own territory (but don't ever seem to do as well). Inca can be a huge pain, not really because of anything special but cause they are decent and all their territory is in terrible hills so they are hard to steamroll as your troops slow down and get into lots of bottlenecks around the mountains. Any civ that can combat Shaka's speed (+1 movement from Ikanda) will do much better.

Germany, China, England or Mongolia. These civilizations have units that can inflict damage on impies... Landsneckts are bought through commerce now... and are no longer part of the German uu..

Egypt, so that when you capture his cities you can ransack the Burial Tombs and finance your ever growing army. Between Shaka's reduced maintenance costs, plundering the Burial Tombs, and finishing the Honor policy (and maybe taking Commerce as well), you should be rolling in the dough to buy more Impis and infrastructure in your cities (I'll take one Ikanda please. No need to wrap it).

Many bright ideas through the comments.

The time we spend to choise and pick the best mad setting, isn't the best time of the game?

I want this time a face to face, I want the best to face against. Makes sense?
China, Germany look exciting, Egypt could show me what Egypt is in real life and Suleiman the Ottoman is pain in the neck, always.
Abviously Mongolia remains an option, cause of Khan.

Rollin de dice...
China!

Voila. China + 3CS and small donut map
(I won't DOW on turn 5 ! I'm Human I ! krazy brain :crazyeye:)

Top Bottom