Best Shoshone VC?

Evie94

Warlord
What are people going for with the Shoshone? It seems to me that the only real indicator of which way to go with them is either upgrading your Pathfinder's into CB's and rushing for Domination or beelining the GL, taking as many techs from Ruins as possible. anybody have any particular inclination any way for the Shoshone?

They really don't have one, but I'm thinking their defensive bonuses are best used for non-domination.

Shoshone are good for whatever you feel like. They're the kind of civ that doesn't dictate a playstyle(unlike, say, India or Brazil), so you can just play the game for a few hundred turns, and decide around midgame what you want to do with your empire.

They are generalists. They can go any direction with equal prowess.

Now what the above poster says about the defensive bonus is actually the opposite of true. If you take an enemy city, the defensive bonus will help you clear out enemy units and hold on to your conquests.

I've never gone for conquest. I love the Shoshone because I can have my choice of pantheons, get ahead in tech and not have to worry about how my cities will grow / which tiles they will expand to or having to buy a resource tile because the normal expansion is so annoyingly random. I choose to upgrade my PF first, then take a tech and then culture. I rarely take culture after I get to 180 (three policies) because trying to get to 320 points by way of sixty-point additions when you could be on your way to the first religion or grabbing more techs is a waste. If I find a ruin on turn 18 I wander around it for a turn then pop it on turn 20 so I can get the first pantheon.

For that matter, in BNW, I'm not all that sure any civ really has a best victory condition.

No matter which way you go you need science (and will probably want to get guilds and fill those slots as well.)

UN: Enabled with discovery of the first Information Age tech. (Your choice). Big advantage given with Globalization, which is at the end of the tree.

Cultural victory: The two techs that really spike Tourism output are Information Era techs, including the Internet at the very end.

Science victory. Two techs at the end of the tree required, several more total than above two.

Domination seems to be the only victory condition now in which it's likely that you will win before the Information era; but even that requires tech (you want to acquire your key strong unit and use it before the AI gets counter units.)

Im playing a match for domination with shoshone, one thing i noticed is that you gonna be the scumbag leader expationist of the game with their cit area bonus, as they have defensive bonus you have to poke the surround leader to wage war against you, after you clean their army you go advance to their territory.

Keep in mind to have a good source of gold and happiness, otherwise your empire will fall apart, try getting cities with luxuries you dont have.

Go for tradition, comerce,honor and patronage for the extra happiness and less maitenence cost.

Look for a religion to boost your happiness, you really gonna need it.

If Religious Civ like Byzantines and celtics are close to you, kill them as soon as you can.

Awesome early game rush civ. Save your close ruins for upgrades, get 4 or 5 CB's, and pound out/chop/buy pathfinders.. and soon you'll have an unstoppable zerg of Shoshone destroying all civs before medeval era. I Did this the other night on a standard map/time on diety. Was pretty sick once I figured out a build order, and how to use the ruins to make the fastest start. By time I came to the last 2 civs, I was packing an army of 20+ pathfinders, and my original 5 CB's, with sickening upgrades. all had logistics and +range and march. It was just a steamroll by that point.

Hardest part was keeping my happiness above 0.. kept capturing capitals I couldnt raze, and it hurt my happiness.

If Religious Civ like Byzantines and celtics are close to you, kill them as soon as you can.

They're actually the Celts unless there's a mod with Larry Bird as their leader with a UA of +100% Accuracy for ranged units ;) :p

Top Bottom