• South Korea

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other Asian

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Australia/NZ

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
Those who are trained the best ;)

I think you should give Israel some respect.
After all, Before the War on Afghanistan, who do you think the Delta Forces turned to for training?

Training can only bring you to a certain level of quality.

Real experience in real actions in real enemy territory under real fire and with real ****-ups is necessary for true SF units and the only ones who have both great training and experience are the Israeli and Russian units.

Maybe you say this because you are Israeli and Russian? ;)

I'm Russian just like you're Martian.

It says you know Russian in your profile.
It's a hard language, so I assumed...
You learned Russian just like that?

I'd say UK, Germany, Isreal and Russia, based upon what i've herard in general about who is considered the 'best' when it comes to special forces.

I don´t know, there´s probably a limit on how good you can be as a single soldier, but as a group there are some diffrences.

And the US may have an advantage over some countries due to the huge support other branches from the military can give even though their special forces alone may not be any better than, say south koreas.

I´m not at all sure about this, but I belive most US special forces is dependant on equipment and support. Under more controlled circumstances this is ok, but otherwise you may lose your support, lack some of your equipment and then perhaps lack your ability to operate. This is probably true for many countries.

I don´t even know the name of any special forces unit in most of the countries in the poll. Anyhow, I will make a guess.

I voted for Russia and France. I belive they have the best special forces.

Originally posted by Ozz
I voted UK, due to the Gurkas.

I concur, The Gurkhas have a long, impressive history and are still one of the best trained miltary units in the world in my opinion

Originally posted by Eli
Training can only bring you to a certain level of quality.

Real experience in real actions in real enemy territory under real fire and with real ****-ups is necessary for true SF units and the only ones who have both great training and experience are the Israeli and Russian units.

US conventional and special forces have been in ALOT of combat during the last 12 years. And I agree, that experience does count for alot, especialy the f-up's. ;)

However, I wouldnt say the US is the best at everything. Different units do different things, they have specialized missions to train for, like SEALS (US Navy) or Delta (US Air Force).

Training DOES count for alot too though. I personaly didnt find real combat any different from training, except for the real bullets. ;)
One thing is guranteed, you will fight just like you train.

I have great admiration for the special forces, I always wanted to join the green berets.
If I had stayed healthy, who knows?

So Mikoyan, are you asking for personal reasons? Are you thinking of joining? ;)

Can you decide what branch you will be in?

I always recommend air force, since its more laid back. Chances are you can learn a useable skill as well.

When do you have to start?

Does Sweden have special forces (no offense,just out of curiosity)?

Voted USA (for obvious reasons),UK (same reasons),Israel (same reasons),Russia,France and Germany.The Russian Speznaz are also very good,like the French foreign legion.
The German KSK is a quite young institution,but due to good training,high priority within the Bundeswehr and help from NATO allies it has already become very good,I think.

Originally posted by joespaniel
Can you decide what branch you will be in?

I always recommend air force, since its more laid back. Chances are you can learn a useable skill as well.

When do you have to start?
Dunno, though i'd guess Army or Navy...
The service age is 19.

Does Sweden have special forces (no offense,just out of curiosity)?
We have the coastal rangers, they are the 1337's of the swedish military, doesn't say much though...

For man for man quality, the British, clearly. :D

Although, according to people who are supposed to know more than I, the Israelis and Americans are up there, too. And the French, and the Australians, probably.

Top Bottom