[Beta-test] v.39 beta4

Status
Not open for further replies.
delete and re-install the mods.
and the cache folder.

But I REALLY don't want to do installation support for the beta version, I just want feedback on the game, so I would suggest everyone to not try any beta versions if you're not familiar with manual installation and how to fix common mod's problems.

I do know that I will get less feedback that way, but I prefer that to the other option: not being able to find back valuable comments on gameplay in the middle of questions about how to install the mod.

Now I do want to know if something is wrong with the installation process, but before reporting it, do all the troubleshooting steps before please, TIA :)

Played a bit of beta4 and I cant find any bugs.

One spelling/gameplay thing I spotted: attack aircraft text says it has 150% bonus vs armour and a 100% bonus vs land units. But when attacking the armour bonus is only 50%. Not sure if the text is right or the attack screen is.

It's not intended to be "and" in the promotion text, the 150% vs armor include the 100% vs land unit.

I've had (and still have) some hesitation about that, but I have the feeling that it's better this way when choosing which units to build, as you don't need to make calculation and see immediately the strength and weakness of the unit.

For example a ranged unit which has:
-50% ranged and +15% vs gun and -20% vs naval and -20% vs submarines

will have a promotion text saying:
-35% vs gun
-50% ranged
-70% vs naval
-90% vs submarines

Both way are confusing IMO...

I see. Didn't really think of it that way. I suppose either way your going to have people who misinterpret it.

looks great so far :) this is gonna be like i always thought it's gonna be when you just have time enough with it

found some minor hiccups, one is artilleries giving a preparation fire if you use land unit to attack a sea unit on coastal spot. the attack won't happen but preparation fire does. the same when attacking from city if there are many units

this can be related to a game crash, sometimes units stops getting supply. it always takes some time to see that so i'm not sure if that is the case. if it is it can be difficult to make it work

in my opinion infantry tanks should have penalty vs air units to correct their defensive bonus... i can hardly imagine they are tougher to knock out with bombers and fighter than regular tanks or heavy tanks

after completing operation Seelöwe the game crashed. i found out that if i teleported one Vichy cruiser from the plot which was near other units dropping to sea it didn't crash any more. could that be a bug?

btw it's no problem to play this on a mac, everything except fall of France works fine. played that turn on Win7 and continued on Mac again

Is there still no fix for the Fall of France crash? :(
nop this one is still evading me :/

found some minor hiccups, one is artilleries giving a preparation fire if you use land unit to attack a sea unit on coastal spot. the attack won't happen but preparation fire does. the same when attacking from city if there are many units
thanks, noted.

this can be related to a game crash, sometimes units stops getting supply. it always takes some time to see that so i'm not sure if that is the case. if it is it can be difficult to make it work
If you have the lua.log from a game when this happens, I'd like to see it.

in my opinion infantry tanks should have penalty vs air units to correct their defensive bonus... i can hardly imagine they are tougher to knock out with bombers and fighter than regular tanks or heavy tanks
make sense, I'll have a look.

after completing operation Seelöwe the game crashed. i found out that if i teleported one Vichy cruiser from the plot which was near other units dropping to sea it didn't crash any more. could that be a bug?
yep, I think that an unit embarking on top of another make the game crash. I'm not sure if it can be solved easily.

i will post it next time it happens, haven't any saved for now

make sense, I'll have a look.

thank you

yep, I think that an unit embarking on top of another make the game crash. I'm not sure if it can be solved easily.

for me it isn't a big problem, i always play with IGE activated. if it's much work to make it check if plots are empty maybe it's easier to just make a note about that.... it doesn't take much time to restart the game and teleport a unit or two with IGE

I don't know if this was purposefully done, but there doesn't seem to be a way to load hotseat games. But hotseat does work again, for me at least.

no, it's one of the last civ5's patches that has broken the mod's setup menu, forcing you to use the normal setup screen (which doesn't allow hotseat in mods...)

It will be fixed in v.39 (and next beta), but you can use my Custom Advanced Setup screen to reload a hotseat game until then.

Where do you get unit art from? And by unit art I don't mean textures but pictures like ones used in the Civilopedia. I'm trying to make one for mechanized infantry and a few German units, but I'm not going to if you already have some read to use.

I think everything we have is in the Development thread (see one of the first posts)

There is a nice Spitfire icons in one of the custom civs for civ5 that I may include at some point, but other than that I think all icons that we have are now in game since v.39 beta1.

A mechanized infantry icon will be welcome :)

(but any following discussion should go in the development thread please, I'd like to keep this thread only for issues related to the beta)

i have one game here where german aircrafts stopped getting reinforcements. It's on earth 1936 map but i don't think it's map specific since i have had it on other maps too.
lua log and autosave on zip file

Attachments

• bug.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 48
Hi Gedemon I think that the Assault guns are a bit over powered vs cities. I think it should be a 50% bonus instead of a 75% bonus

i have one game here where german aircrafts stopped getting reinforcements. It's on earth 1936 map but i don't think it's map specific since i have had it on other maps too.
lua log and autosave on zip file
Thanks !

The lua is showing reinforcement for your air units, and the save crashes on load (maybe because we don't have the same DLC)

Still, the mod is writing many errors in the log, maybe related to the map.

Could it be a UI bug (not showing the real HP value in the mouse-over tooltip) ?

Try to check with the value once the air unit is selected if you can, TIA

Hi Gedemon I think that the Assault guns are a bit over powered vs cities. I think it should be a 50% bonus instead of a 75% bonus
Maybe, but there is still many units to add in the beta, we'll do the balance once they're all in.

Yes got it running! Looks great now that the projects are defined no King Tigers taking on Matilda II's! :) Just asking is there a mobile howitzer unit like the Wespe's or Hummel's?

Thanks !

The lua is showing reinforcement for your air units, and the save crashes on load (maybe because we don't have the same DLC)

Still, the mod is writing many errors in the log, maybe related to the map.

Could it be a UI bug (not showing the real HP value in the mouse-over tooltip) ?

Try to check with the value once the air unit is selected if you can, TIA

yes it is... but if you look at the reinforcements, the log shows that they get it but on next round the start value is the same again. you see it in log, it says unit got 1 hp but on next round it starts at same value again. and and saw it in game too, reinforcements got used but units stayed at same value, that happened every time earlier too.
i once tried what happens if i just keep using one of those units who were like that and in the end it just died.
but like i said earlier, i think i think this related to a game crash... this game also crashed on turn 1 or 2 but at that time i wasn't in war with anybody so i don't know for sure if it caused the problem

edit: it looks like they haven't got reinforcements after those passes on log, doesn't matter it's working perfectly well

i mean this
[195259.696] RedMain: - reinforcement pass num1 in the [48hp row] : 2. Panzer-Division (Panzer III) get 1 hp from 4 personnel and 16 materiel
[195259.696] RedMain: - reinforcement pass num1 in the [51hp row] : 4. Panzer-Division (Panzer III) get 1 hp from 4 personnel and 16 materiel
----
----
[195259.697] RedMain: - reinforcement pass num2 in the [48hp row] : 2. Panzer-Division (Panzer III) get 1 hp from 4 personnel and 16 materiel

looks like it still got 48hp after getting 1hp but in this case it's working... i thought that could be the problem with planes but looks like it wasn't

The destroyers from class "Tribal" are incorrectly named "Triba" in the beta.

Do you need help for the french translation in v39 or everything is already done ?

Currently playing v39 with BNW. I just noticed I cant send unit to City state anymore. I have to bring the unit and then give it. Is that because of BNW or the mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom