Better Tech Tree

What about building catapults and other stuff before researching wheels?
Good catch, actually I thought about it but there was just no way to nicely arrange the tree for that without crossing lines... I think siege weapons were often carried in parts and assembled on the battlefield, I we'll have to imagine it's always the case here. :)

This is something I'm working on too - however rather than just overhaul the exisiting structure, I want to almost rewrite the tech tree with new era's too. so far it's taken me one day just to layout the tech for the Stone Age (14 advances) and write up the table of what they unlock etc. havent even considered the programming side yet lol. - how long did this mod take you? and can you give any advice?

cheers

This is something I'm working on too - however rather than just overhaul the exisiting structure, I want to almost rewrite the tech tree with new era's too. so far it's taken me one day just to layout the tech for the Stone Age (14 advances) and write up the table of what they unlock etc. havent even considered the programming side yet lol. - how long did this mod take you? and can you give any advice?

cheers
All it took is a few lines of SQL. Take a look at Technologies.sql in the mod folder, you'll find it rather self-explanatory. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi

I am Nebuchadnezzar the Tooth. I have last researched Chivalry, and am not offered a new research item. Inspection of the tech tree shows no available item, while clicking on any future item crashes the game.

Hovering over any future item tells me it is 85 out of some arbitrary number of achievements.

What more information can I offer to help resolve this problem?

Regards
- Roger -

This mod hasn't been updated for almost a year.. It probably isn't compatible with the latest patch.

I see I activated this along with Buildings made fun - which also tampers with the tech tree.

My fault?

This mod hasn't been updated for almost a year.. It probably isn't compatible with the latest patch.
That's correct, I'm not working on Civ5 mods anymore. However as I mentioned upthread, it's a fairly simple one-file SQL. It should be easy for someone to adapt it.

Top Bottom