Better than Winston Churchill?

That's cake. I did it on Warlord with a Tech Victory in 1902. I had the means for all three victories, but I held out for tech. Then I had..like..40k gold, and I bought all the SS parts, 4 of each fuel and propulsion, and 2 of each habitation and... the other one.. Life support, I think.
And I creamed Churchill.

I've got to first place a number of times. Like others have said, it's more a case of winning later rather than earlier. However, I'm wondering if anyone has ever managed to finish last on the leaderboard.

I played a game a few weeks ago where I founded my first city, and built 1 warrior which i sent out. a turn later, an aztec warrior approached my city from the other side and offered peace that turn (which i accepted). The next turn, they declared war and took over my unprotected city. In all, from founding the city and building a 1st warrior to losing took 2 or 3 turns, yet i still finished about 4 places from bottom in the leaderboard! Is it possible to finish any lower?

In all, from founding the city and building a 1st warrior to losing took 2 or 3 turns, yet i still finished about 4 places from bottom in the leaderboard! Is it possible to finish any lower?

Yes, interesting question. Perhaps if you wander around with your first settler until you get killed by a barb. Let us try!

What was the population/culture of your capital? The scoring is based on the culture (+ Wonders), population and how many techs you've discovered (Not the total amount of science output per turn, but the amount of techs), just like in Civ 4.

If you like to waste time finishing games, you can get Winston Churchill level every time.

Kadazzle is right, if you beeline any sort of victory your chances of getting above winston chruchill aren't that great; if you focus just solely on the development of your empire you will do much better in score.

Top Bottom