[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

I'll try this asap :) Looks very interesting :) I love to play great mods with many features :)

Do you consider adding new nations in future updates?
For example: Poland? :mischief:

I have couple of UU and there's couple more that could be found on cfc or could be created.
- Husaria (if i remember well - maded by Psyx)
- Polish WW2 Cavalry (made by kodzi, i suggest anti tank bonus - it was well prepared agains tanks with many anty tank guns)
- 7TP as Tank (by me) or even better PT-91 Twardy as modern tank (this unit is on my to do list already)
- PZL.23 Karaś (by me) or PZL.37 Łoś (by snafusmith) replacing bomber.

There's also very nice 3D LH of Jan III Sobieski and Kazimierz the Great and model of Sejmi - unique building replacing courthouse - maded by kodzi. I have also button and team flag supporting team collours.

Yeah ! Long life to your mod !

when I started a game germany got a great engineer within five turn and boult the great wall within ten turn in the game. also I try to convert to a religion and I couldn't , Just a coulple of bugs I found but cool mod

The reason why you cannot convert is because you need a civic to be able to like fundamentalism or any other religions that don't have a no state religion blocker.

finaly ive been waiting for this

LEAD DESIGNER: Grave
SDK PROGRAMMING: Grave
PYTHON PROGRAMMING: Grave
XML PROGRAMMING: Grave
GRAPHICS: Grave

:rotfl:

Don't I at least get a nod for CSGP? :(

:joke:

Having been eagerly awaiting it since November ;), I will download this later today and give you my thoughts. On first glance, I say HOO-RAH!

Congratulations Grave, I'm downloading as I type :goodjob:

- Civics have been totally overhauled – Choose carefully because Civics now have pros/cons that may drastically affect your citizens!
i know where you got that idea form

can you add constitutional monachy same as representation but with exp bonus and high upkeep avialable with vassalage ish.

I played it, but the problem I saw was:

1) I founded Buddhism and someone already built the Roman Roads... WTF?

2) My city kept going from normal down to revolting, and back to normal. I couldn't get anything built or fixed because of that crap.

I basically felt the other civs built improvements WAY too fast and I couldn't keep my cities happy enough no matter what I did. The idea is a very good one, but a little more realism would be nice.

Awesome MOD! Everything a civfanatic could ask for. Better AI, DALE components, Airforce, MAD ...... wow

Although,

Turn time was a problem when I tried this mod last night. I removed Fort mod, and some others but did not see how to remove immigration mod, as this seemed to really lag my system. (No ini file?)

I play all new mods on noble so i can build everything, but the AI was going supercharged, building improvements and units twice as fast as i could.. technology was much cheaper for AI too, although I did not check, it seemed this way. I know you have integrated AI Mod, but I have played AI mod before on noble and was still 500+ points ahead of any civ by 1500 AD.

Around 1600 - 1700 AD I had a CTD. I reloaded a 1 turn prior save but CTD again. I have the save if you would like it for debugging.

Anyhow, nice work and effort!

aye, AI seems to not even switch to the new civics as well, but I've been hearing about revolts and new civilizations that appeared being destroyed like the Romans and the Zulus. I wish the AI's are not cheaters, so I don't have a major problem with them.

Civics are overhauled a bit too much in my opinion, their are too many modifiers on each one, average of 6. The display window can at most hold 4 lines and anything more then that is too hard to analyze, also many of the modifiers are trivially small and constitute mere 'noise'. I'll see if I cant get around to slashing them down while still preserving the core uniqueness of each.

I think something is wrong with the victory conditions... or achieving victory anyway. Last night I got elected Secretary General (and won diplomatically) but that didnt end the game for some reason, so i built and launched a spaceship... same problem. so i nuked everyone and conquered the world... but it still didnt end. BLAH! haha. otherwise very nice, though i never figured out how to get Egyptian Mythos or any of those other religions... I saw them in that tech box at teh VERY end of the tree, but could never figure it out... BTW Christianity is WAYYYYY more powerful than any other religion in this mod. perhaps that is something to be tweaked slightly. I dont know how exactly, buy maybe beef up some of the other religions a bit... add the Kaaba, Dome of the Rock, etc. some sort of upgrades for the Mosques at the very least. BTW that early Great wall thing... First to Masonry gets a Great Engineer... its lots of fun when you get it :)

Fix built sound for SHINTO and ZOROASTRIAN. in XML Buildings folder CIV4BuildingInfos
<ConstructSound>AS2D_BUILD_SHINTO</ConstructSound>

Fix Sounds in Diplomacy Folder Just change the names to Solomon_Early and Solomon_Middle.

Fix Audio in XML Folder Audio2DScripts and AudioDefines updated to Warlords 2.08 you had vanilla Audio2DScripts.

The Globe Theatre Wonder movie does not play this needs fix

This needs fix bigtime
Barbarian Civ CTD like mice said When Barbs form up and empire the game always CTD this needs fix

Awesome, thanks for all the feedback, fellas! :)

I'll read these post a little more in depth later tonight and provide answers. I kinda figured some aspects were unbalanced, but that's what a beta is for, right? :)

More to come later tonight. I'll also get with jdog5000 about the CTD's to BarbarianCiv and Revolution.

Have any of you guys with CTD's try the AutoPlay method I suggested? Look on the first page somewhere for what I did. I play tested somebody's save file where they would get a CTD in the same spot all the time. I played that turn (and several others) via AutoPlay and the CTD never happened.

Anyway, more to come later...

This looks very cool, I am downloading it now. I love more units!

I just wish someone like you would make a Stargate Mod. :help:

-One of the Reason why I dislike this game a bit is that almost every unit out there got a Flavor Unit Icon, I cannot instantly tell which is which, so please give them some Icons or default Icons.

Sorry, but there's no way I'm going through over 100 units and adding the approperiate icons. :lol:

I know it's a little different doing it the way I did, but it made doing units that much faster, other wise I'd probably still be working on it, trying to find unique icons for each flavor unit!

--The Lag is worse in this game, this game need keal's Speed Mod in so that I can get into renaissance then a 30 second hangtime per turn.

I haven't run into this problem on my system. That's the downside to playing a huge mod. Kael's SpeedMod won't help either, because his mod removes all Python from game, something my mod requires.

-I've noticed that some of the religions have no temples like the Norse, hellianism, mexica, and Egyptians gods. I also seen that there are hardly leaders have there faviorate religions like Confucianism, and the new religions, including Mexica.

See this post.

I also want to request

-Add in a custom soundtrack for this mod, for each and every age out there then the default music which is now annoying me.

-allow us to disable some religions so that I don't have 1 civilization per religion, (13 Civs = 13 Religions). It will totally reduce the lag a bit once I be able to have 4 civs and 4 religions.

-I seen some immagrants coming to town and so forth, however I don't see civilian ships coming to my cities by sea or air. So please make a ship or a airplane that carries people from town to town.

What you ask is beyond my programming abilities. I can merge mods together, I can't create my own code. :(

Too much music will be a bit much, not only that but it'll make the download file much bigger, something I want to keep as minimal as possible.

Firaxis Wonder movies don&#8217;t play. The Wonder movies I included play just fine, however. This is only a graphical glitch and does not affect gameplay.

Fix for Firaxis Wonder movies don&#8217;t play {{ CIV4ArtDefines_Movie }} Place in the folder Assets/XML/Art overwrite yours. Firaxis Wonder movies will then play.

THANK YOU! :goodjob:

This was driving me nuts, I couldn't figure out why the Firaxis Wonder movies weren't playing. I'll include this in the next patch, but in the mean time I highly recommend players download your fix.

Also, thanks for the various sound fixes... they'll be in the next patch, too.

Do you consider adding new nations in future updates?
For example: Poland? :mischief:

Hmmm... once I get the major bugs squashed, perhaps I could add Poland. :mischief:

I always liked the Polish Leaderheads that were available out there. I'll be contacting you when it's time to add them in. ;)

I played it, but the problem I saw was:

1) I founded Buddhism and someone already built the Roman Roads... WTF?

2) My city kept going from normal down to revolting, and back to normal. I couldn't get anything built or fixed because of that crap.

I basically felt the other civs built improvements WAY too fast and I couldn't keep my cities happy enough no matter what I did. The idea is a very good one, but a little more realism would be nice.

Roman Roads? I don't think I ever added Roman Roads to my mod. You sure you're not mistaken for ViSa? :confused:

The culture shrink/grow during revolts thing I did find very annoying. Believe me, it was pissing me of too. I'll have to ask jdog5000 about that and see if there is a way to disable that, or at the least minimize it's occurance.

It's tricky to keep your people happy. I was able to find a way, but it's rough during the Ancient era to say the least. But maybe it is a bit overpowered. I know the Civics don't help much, I think they're going to need rebalanced.

Impaler[WrG];5545595 said:
Civics are overhauled a bit too much in my opinion, their are too many modifiers on each one, average of 6. The display window can at most hold 4 lines and anything more then that is too hard to analyze, also many of the modifiers are trivially small and constitute mere 'noise'. I'll see if I cant get around to slashing them down while still preserving the core uniqueness of each.

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes "more" isn't always "better". I agree with the "noise". Looking at all that sometimes makes choosing which Civic you want a little confusing. I'll try and slim the Civics down a little, but at the very least try and have 1 negative characteristic per civic.

BTW Christianity is WAYYYYY more powerful than any other religion in this mod. perhaps that is something to be tweaked slightly. I dont know how exactly, buy maybe beef up some of the other religions a bit... add the Kaaba, Dome of the Rock, etc. some sort of upgrades for the Mosques at the very least. BTW that early Great wall thing... First to Masonry gets a Great Engineer... its lots of fun when you get it :)

Glad you like the Great Engineer with Masonry. :) It always irked me that you couldn't build the Pyramids very early in the game. Now you at least have a chance to. I also plan on adding other kinds of Great People to other early techs, just to balance it out.

I'll also look into rebalancing the Religions a little more. My intent was to make Christianity a "neutral" religion, without many perks/disadvantages itself. But instead give it access to more Wonders than any other Religion.

I'll have to tweak that too, though.

Oh one more thing... if you'd be so kind... please post any savegames that might shed some light on any bugs you find like CTD, etc. I'd like to take a look at them.

Thanks!

Top Bottom