[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

I have the Senate as a Wonder in HITM, although all it does is allow access to all Government Civics. :)

Well, I'm still playing the game I started last night with Immigration and BarbarianCiv disabled (I'm playing as Israel), and so far no crashes what so ever. :)

Maybe it was Immigration and BarbarianCiv conflicting?

My next test after this game is to disable Immigration only and see what happens.

I also found some minor stupid bugs that I fixed, which will be released in the next patch here in a a day or two (the weekend at THE latest).

I LOVE your compilation mod :goodjob:

how do you turn 0ff the barb and immagration mod I do not know thanks

i prefer that conflicts are avoided perhaps that immigration and barbarian suppressed... :)

Viva revolution and viva barbarians who transform in civs :)

how do you turn 0ff the barb and immagration mod I do not know thanks

Look in the Config.ini files in the root History in the Making directory, as well as the Revolution Config.ini that you need to place in the Vanilla Civ4 "Mods" directory.

To turn off Immigration Mod (since it doesn't have a Config.ini file) see this post.

This mod secretly put in an invisible Congress/Parliament and they disapprove of your war against Japan, so they're forcing you to withdraw your troops :p

I knew it! Damn Democrats in Congress, always screwing things up for us warmongers! ;)

Maybe it was Immigration and BarbarianCiv conflicting?

I don't think that's it, because the Revolution mod also has these crashes if you use BetterAI. It's some kind of conflict with BetterAI and BarbarianCiv.

If Immigration is slowing things down, another thing you can try (besides disabling it altogether) is to limit the number of immigrant units per city or civ...there's config options for that. (I'm not sure how you would set that in this mod, though, since there doesn't seem to be an Immigration Mod.ini file...)

Alright I have a couple questions.

1. What are the immigrents? and what do they do? I see them on my land is this a good thing or bad?

2. How do I stop my cities from revolting? I got religion, units and good happyness (apparently at least) but I still got like 7 angry citizens who revolt every couple turns and now they want to break off and form own empire!

Alright I have a couple questions.

1. What are the immigrents? and what do they do? I see them on my land is this a good thing or bad?

2. How do I stop my cities from revolting? I got religion, units and good happyness (apparently at least) but I still got like 7 angry citizens who revolt every couple turns and now they want to break off and form own empire!

1) It can be good or bad. Good: if they're coming from another civilization to settle in your lands. Bad: They're leaving your cities to go to other civilizations.

2) The best way to stop cities from revolting is with culture. It's very tricky in the Ancient era, but it is possible, as I've done it in several test games so far. Once I merge Revolution v0.90 (current version is 0.85), there is an option in the Revolution Config to limit the fluxuation of culture when there is a revolt in the city, which makes playing this mod ALOT better.

Expect to see the next patch within a couple days, I've been finding alot of little stuff I overlooked before.

Also, the current game I'm on that I've been playing since last night, I'm at 1900AD and no crashes yet. So that's a very good thing.

When will have patch ?

Just one thing I don't agree with is giving a penalty (and a huge one) to culture if you adopt Fascism. Normally nationalist govs promote national culture rather than hinder it. What could have a penalty during Fascism is instead great people birth.

Just one thing I don't agree with is giving a penalty (and a huge one) to culture if you adopt Fascism. Normally nationalist govs promote national culture rather than hinder it. What could have a penalty during Fascism is instead great people birth.

Yeah, that's one of the many Civic changes I'm taking into consideration. ;)

I'm a moron, sorry

I'm a moron, sorry

It's OK, man. :goodjob:

Well, I think it's safe to say that BarbarianCiv seems to be the only source of crashes (so far).

Still finding minor things that I can tweak for the next patch. The patch should help out with things greatly, including balancing. I'm gonna try and squeeze in a slimmed down version of the Civics with the next patch. Afterwards, I'll work on balancing out the Religions, and trying to make them a little unique from each other.

Grave,

I'm really looking forward to the next patch when you release it. I have just installed Civ4 once again after coming back to these forums and reading the various modpacks. Yours I am very much looking forward to playing. I like the various mod pack components you have chosen. My regret of Civ4 vanilla is the unattention to religion. Hopefully you can go further and improve how religion has affected the world.

I'm waiting on your release to get my Civ interest back. Thanks mate.

Very nice!! Ive waited a while to rave about something on this side(civ4) and this is what Ive waited for me thinks :)

New units latest graphics, Its like in Civ3 when Balancer REloaded out did the former champ Rise n Rule by having the same expanded original game, that concept every digs, but bringing the freshest graphics and moddin in more of em for ultimate flavour and longer gameplay made by fillin in gaps.

You will do good. Thanks for this. :) *T.A goes an installs Civ4 on new computer that he swore would be kept as 'Civ4 free' machine*

ADD: ahh crap! forgot IM low on ram now I gotta go buy a G stick before I loader up! :( Oh well me sure tis worth the cash

Since Im back again Thanks n keep er going with new ideas and Xpak material. Mybe try taggin on post modern ending thats reserved for only powerful economy civs. Makes for good replay like paying for extra swings with the hammer at carnival to show extraordinary strenght is possesable.Also Its good when units keep rollin out instead of rip-off future tech that do nuttin but super units must be really be strived for so 3rd world civs are left out.

Thanks for the best mod I've played in ages, might stick to this one for a while:) I love the migrants too, I supose I'd better start keeping people happy now!

There's just one thing: the new resources. I might be a bit thick, trying to build fishing nets over pearls and plantations on coffee, quarrys on salt that kinda thing but I don't seem able to. Natural gas is fine but I'm a bit of a resource whore and am wondering how you get them?

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the best mod I've played in ages, might stick to this one for a while:) I love the migrants too, I supose I'd better start keeping people happy now!

There's just one thing: the new resources. I might be a bit thick, trying to build fishing nets over pearls and plantations on coffee, quarrys on salt that kinda thing but I don't seem able to. Natural gas is fine but I'm a bit of a resource whore and am wondering how you get them?

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the compliments! :cool:

Yep, you identified one of the resource bugs that will be corrected in the next patch. I noticed that i forgot to assign a tile improvement to certain resources, keeping the player from accessing their bonuses in game.

You haven't done anything wrong... it was something I overlooked. So that will be fixed. :)

DEAD ? Or in stand by ?

Top Bottom